Information for Instructors
Worried that you are not receiving communications from CAR? Take a look at our troubleshooting tips.
New Feature For Faculty
Center for Accessible Resources is pleased to introduce a new feature for faculty. We are aware of the hard work that you are doing with students—many of you going to great lengths to support students in the learning environment. CAR would like to provide you with tools and resources to assist you as you work with students with disabilities. We plan on sending out a Faculty Update newsletter each term. Technology and processes are continually changing. As they do, we want to use this newsletter to give you important information you can use to support student learning. We invite you to share your questions with us and we can address them in future updates.
Here is a power point presentation that can be a training tool for faculty and staff related to working with students with disabilities:
Faculty and Staff Training: Creating Access to Learning
- Accommodation Descriptions
- Alternate Format
- Letter of Accommodation (LOA)
- Service Animals
- Temporary Medical Conditions: Strategies
- Test Accommodation Process
- Testing Agreement Duplication
Strategies For Working With Students With Disabilities
- Advising Tips—for counselor/advisors working with students with disabilities
- Co-op/Clinical Internships and Accommodations
- Co-op and Clinical Internships--Accommodation planning: roles and responsibilities
- Field Work Guidelines
- How do I suggest Center for Accessible Resources to a student in my class?
- Specific Strategies for Working with Students with:
- Students in Distress
- Student Code of Conduct Citations
- Student Issues: Problem Solving Tips & Resources for Faculty & Staff
Working With The Center for Accessible Resources