Faculty Handbook Chapter 13: Troubleshooting Automated Emails
In efforts to communicate with faculty, the Center for Accessible Resources’ (CAR) systems have been customized to send automated messages in response to requests or other actions taken by students. While automated, these messages are timely and contain important information regarding student academic accommodations, and may require immediate action.
While the sender of these messages is AccessibleResources@LaneCC.edu, since they originate from our secure database provider, they may be going to a spam folder. Those concerned that they are not getting CAR emails may try the following:
- Check your @lanecc.edu email address.
Due to FERPA, CAR is only permitted to send information pertaining to LCC students to @lanecc.edu email accounts. For more information, please visit the U.S. Department of Education FERPA webpage.
- Check your spam folders.
Please make sure that AccessibleResources@LaneCC.edu is listed on your Approved Contact List (whitelist) in the Google spam filter.
- Check the trash and Message Center in case the email was deleted or marked as spam.
When searching for this email, please note that the subject line is formatted in the following way:
Accommodation Notification for [Student L#], [Class information: CRN and title]
- Make sure emails do not get automatically forwarded to an outside email address.
This can cause issues with our systems. Please make sure that this setting is off or manually check your @lanecc.edu account, which is synced with CAR's systems.
- Ensure your @lanecc.edu email address is set as “preferred” in your myLane.
- Login to myLane
- Go to Personal Information > Update Email Address(es)
- Click on your @lanecc.edu email address
- Check the check box that says “Make this your preferred address”
- Click submit
If you have completed these steps and your @lanecc.edu email is still not acting as your preferred email, please contact the ATC by visiting the ATC Faculty Support Page.