October 16, 2018 Curriculum and Degree Requirements Committee Agenda
Time and Location
3:15-4:45 p.m. in CEN 217
- Jeff Borrowdale-Faculty, Social Science
- Melanie Brown-Curriculum Specialist
- Jennifer Ferro -Library
- Jeff Harrison-Faculty, Language, Literature and Communication
- Elijah Herr, Director, Financial Aid
- Laura Lawver-Lead Scribe, Degree and Transcript Evaluator
- Julie Lindsey-Faculty, Business/Computer Information Technology
- Deidre Lyons-Academic Advisor
- Gerry Meenaghan-Faculty, Co-operative Education
- Rosa Lopez-Faculty, Career Pathways Coordinator
- Steve McQuiddy-Faculty, Academic Learning Skills
- Phil Moore (Chair)- Faculty, Mathematics
- Caoimhin O'Fearghail-Faculty, Social Science
- Claudia Owen-Faculty, Science
- Tammy Salman-Faculty, Curriculum and Assessment
- Craig Taylor- Director, Institutional Research
- Paula Thonney-Faculty, Math
- Vicki Trier-Associate Vice President
- Dawn Whiting-Registrar
- Paul Wilkins-Faculty, Computer Information Technology
3:15 Michael Samano to discuss the Cultural Literacy equirement sub-committee: history, purpose, approval process, and membership.
|Department||Curriculum Documents||Type of Proposal||Notes|
3:30 Culinary Arts
CA 176 Concepts of Flavor
|Course title change|
3:35 Computer and Information Technology
CS 189 Routing and Switching Essentials
CS 279 Scaling Networks
|Revision to course title, description and outcomes.|
CS285 Cybersecurity Operations
|Revision to course title, prerequisite, co-requisite, course description and outcomes|
CS289 Connecting Networks
|Revision to course title, course description and outcomes|
3:45 Curriculum Office/Business
Tammy Salman, Chris Culver
|Associate of Science Oregon Transfer-Business (see current pp. 34-35 of catalog)||See proposed revisions in PDF document. Highlights indicate proposed deletions; underline indicates proposed additions.|| |
The ASOT-Business degree does not require Health/Wellness/Fitness. Should not have been included.
The Business-Specific Requirements must equal 20 credits as per state guidelines. Some courses on elective list not offered anymore; streamlines choices for students. Business faculty recommended update to course list.
Added notes to the University-Specific Requirements to specify requirements related to OSU transfer.
Revised language under Electives section to better indicate requirements and limitations.
Other Committee Business
- 3:50 Program Development process, documents developed and added to Curriculum website. Program flowchart added. Open the Forms page and scroll down to "Program Approval Process and Forms"
- Program Development Guidance and Process
- Program Research/Evidence worksheet (required)
- Program Proposal Application (required)
- Labor Market Information (required for AAS and independent Certificates of Completion)
- 4:00 Susie Cousar to discuss the Health/Wellness/Fitness requirement sub-committee: history, state guidelines, purpose, approval process, and membership.