Email completed forms to CurriculumAgenda@lanecc.edu; bring signed forms to the curriculum meeting
Note: You must work with your dean/director and administrative/program coordinators prior to submitting any curriculum changes.
- New course form Word format
- Course revision (e.g. credits, contact hours etc.) form Word format
- Course number and title change only form Word format (use one form for multiple title changes)
Experimental Courses (199/299)
Experimental courses may be offered two times over a two year period because they usually undergo changes and improvements with each offering. A new course approval form must be submitted to the Curriculum Office for each individual course offered under the 199/299 generic number prior to offering the course. After that, they are considered to be a regular part of the curriculum and need be submitted to the Curriculum Committee to have a discrete course number (other than 199/299) assigned or they need to go away. Also 199/299 courses cannot be used in a Degree or Certificate program.
Independent Study 298 courses: See guidelines under College Online Policy and Procedures
AAOT Outcomes and Course Criteria
- Arts and Letters (100 level language courses do not meet the AAOT discipline requirement)
- Information Literacy
- Science/Computer Science
- Social Science
- Speech/Oral Communication
AAS and Certificates
As of 2017-18, these are the only Lower Division Collegiate courses that have been approved to meet the Human Relations Requirement.
For Career Technical courses to be able to meet this requirement within a program, a department must fill out the Human Relations form to show that the course will meet the criteria. Once approved, programs must add a note to their program information in the Program Update Portal, designating the approved course as meeting Human Relations. Career Technical courses meeting the human relations requirement will not be added to the list above.
Optional course designation
- Cultural Literacy (you can only apply for cultural literacy if you already have been approved for a discipline studies requirement. 100 level language courses do not meet the AAOT discipline requirement. Please submit cultural literacy forms to Michael Samano)
- Health/Wellness/Fitness (submit to Susie Cousar)
- Sustainablity status