October 16, 2018 Curriculum and Degree Requirements Committee Minutes
Time and Location
3:15-4:45 p.m. in CEN 217
Committee Members present: Jeff Borrowdale; Melanie Brown; Helen Faith; Jennifer Ferro; Laura Lawver; Julie Lindsey; Steve McQuiddy; Phil Moore (Chair); Claudia Owen; Tammy Salman; Craig Taylor; Vicki Trier; Dawn Whiting
FYI: HE212 Women;s Health was approved by the Health/Wellness/Fitness sub-committee
|Department||Curriculum Documents||Type of Proposal||Notes|
3:30 Culinary Arts
|Course Title Change||Action: Recommended|
3:35 Computer and Information Technology
|New course||Action: Recommended; include statement in Financial Impact that this course replaces one in the program; note there will be no net change in program credits|
|Revision to course title, description and outcomes||Action: Recommended|
CS285 Cybersecurity Operations
Revision to course title, prerequisite, co-requisite, course description and outcomes
|Action: Tabled until next meeting; needs Rationale section added|
Revision to course title, course description and outcomes
3:45 Curriculum Office/Business
Tammy Salman, Chris Culver
Associate of Science Oregon Transfer-Business (see current pp. 34-35 of catalog)
|See proposed revisions in PDF document. Highlights indicate proposed deletions; underline indicates proposed additions.||Action: Recommended; submit cleaner copy to ASA|
Notes from Other Meeting Discussions
- Michael Samano, chair of Cultural Literacy Subcommittee spoke about the history of the Cultural Literacy designation at Lane and in the state, how he helps/supports faculty, and what the subcommittee does. To get a CL designation, courses must first be designated appropriate for a Discipline Studies category (Arts & Letters, Social Science, Math/Science/Computer Science). Subcommittee reviews CL requests and approves/doesn't approve. Sends decision to Curriculum Committee.
- Susie Cousar, chair of Health/Wellness/Fitness subcommittee, spoke about the history of the Health/Wellness/Fitness designation at Lane and state requirements for AAOT.
- Cultural Literacy and Health/Wellness/Fitness proposals will all be submitted to the online submission form and Curriculum Office will track requests and send documents to the appropriate subcomittees for review.
- Reminder to committee members ot review the new documents and process for program development, found at the bottom of the Forms page.
- Discussion about Sustainability designation and previous subcommittee work on this.
- Action item: Add language to course forms requesting course proposals include how course additions or revisions will impact overall program credits and contact hours.
- Action item: Add Sustainability subcommittee discussion to the next meeting agenda.