A Division of Cooperative Education
Your Opportunity for a New Career!
- Application to LCC
- Agreement Form
- Consent Form
- Evaluation Form
- Weekly Student Learning Form
- Roles and Responsibilities
Career Skills Training (CST) is for people who are out of work due to injury, disability or other circumstances. CST is for workers' compensation, state vocational rehabilitation, trade act and disabled veteran clients who have been referred to skills training by agency counselors.
CST allows you to learn through supervised lab work with an employer in your new career field. In some instances, you may be taking one or two related classes each term along with the hands-on training. The result is a balanced plan allowing the student to acquire marketable skills which lead to new job opportunities.
Training plans are designed by the sponsoring agency counselor in cooperation with the student and Lane's CST staff.
Skills Training Offers you the Following Benefits:
- Individualized plans tailored to your interests, abilities, and goals
- Proven track record placing people in training plans that lead to successful new careers
- Collaborative approach providing you support that results in a successful plan
- Balanced plan which includes extensive supervised lab work at training sites resulting in marketable skills
- Opportunity to earn an award of recognition and receive credit towards a college degree
Satisfied students have this to say about CST:
"I received excellent training in Biomedical Equipment Repair in a hospital setting. I am employed and it taught me to be an efficient and effective team member."
-Ken Kellim, 2006
"I have acquired marketable skills through my CST training as a Respite Assistant Aide (Human Services) that have resulted in employment with the opportunity for growth."
-Jake Cox, 2006
To find out if you qualify for Career Skills Training contact: