Welcome to Fall Term! I am writing to provide attention to important updates to LCC’s COVID-19 safety policies and procedures.
Access to Campus Facilities
While the college remains open for instruction and college business, we remain closed to the public, and access to college facilities is restricted to authorized employees and students participating in courses with required hands-on components. Employees and students accessing college facilities will be required to adhere to proper safety procedures, and must complete an online self-screening health assessment prior to arriving on campus. This important step assists health officials should a positive case be reported and contact tracing deemed necessary. The LCC COVID Compliance Officer (Dawn Barth) will be conducting random checks throughout the term to ensure compliance.
If you have been diagnosed with COVID-19, please complete the COVID self report form. Do not come to campus.
We appreciate everyone’s commitment to adhering to state and college mandates regarding face coverings. Please be aware that in some instances, LCC’s Face Mask Policy may be more restrictive than state of Oregon guidance. Masks must be worn at all times while on college property except in outdoors settings with social distancing maintained and when indoors working alone in closed spaces.
CDC does not recommend the use of gaiters or face shields. Evaluation of these face covers is on-going but effectiveness is unknown at this time. Gaiters will not be permitted as a substitute for a face mask on the LCC Campus. Face shields will only be permitted when used in addition to a mask.
Requests from individuals to not comply with the college’s policy or otherwise be exempted will require approval through our existing disability accommodation processes. Employees who seek an exemption based on a disability can direct their accommodation request through Human Resources. Students may contact the Center for Accessible Resources for an exemption request for accommodation based on disability. Requests not based on a disability may be directed to LCC COVID Compliance Officer, Dawn Barth, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Select, Wear & Clean Your Mask
The CDC recommends wearing masks in public settings around people who don’t live in your household and when you can’t stay 6 feet away from others. Masks help stop the spread of COVID-19 to others. Additional CDC guidance includes:
- Wear masks with two or more layers to stop the spread of COVID-19
- Wear the mask over your nose and mouth and secure it under your chin
- Masks should be worn by people two years and older
- Masks should NOT be worn by children younger than two, people who have trouble breathing, or people who cannot remove the mask without assistance
- Do NOT wear masks intended for healthcare workers, for example, N95 respirators
- CDC does not recommend the use of gaiters or face shields. Evaluation of these face covers is on-going but effectiveness is unknown at this time.
- Include your mask with your regular laundry
- Use regular laundry detergent and the warmest appropriate water setting for the cloth used to make the mask
- Use the highest heat setting and leave in the dryer until completely dry
For more information, visit the CDC’s How to Wash Masks web page.
Please check LCC’s COVID information page for regular updates, institution and department reopening plans, and links to related COVID-related information.
Thanks and stay safe,