Dear LCC Students,
Spring break is almost here and we all deserve some rest from the rapidly changing landscape of coronavirus COVID-19. It's impacting all of us—students, employees, families, community—and I want you to know that as your college president and as a former nurse, I am acutely aware of how important it is that we provide you with a healthy learning environment.
Throughout the week we have been posting updates and messages on our COVID webpage: https://www.lanecc.edu/covid19. Our decisions are motivated by a concern for your health and informed by recommendations from the Governor; state, local and federal health authorities; and Oregon's Higher Education Commission.
Below is a summary of decisions as of today:
- LCC is and will continue to be open.
- Final exams will not be given in person. Consult with your instructors to learn which alternative methods will be used for the finals in your courses.
- The first three weeks of the spring term will be delivered by remote methods and will begin as scheduled on March 30.
- Students whose courses require hands-on participation will be informed by their instructors how those requirements will be met.
- Nonessential events are postponed until further notice.
- Best practices of personal hygiene are still your best defense: wash your hands frequently, cover your cough, and stay home if you’re sick.
This is a rapidly changing situation. I highly recommend that you check Lane's COVID webpage frequently https://www.lanecc.edu/covid19. A schedule of college services will be posted to the COVID webpage by early next week.
Please know that we are in constant communication with local, state and federal health and education authorities, and will keep you informed. I am humbled and proud to be your president.
Enjoy spring break and stay healthy.
Margaret Hamilton, President
Lane Community College