Dear Faculty and Staff,
Spring break is almost here, and we all deserve some rest from the rapidly changing landscape of coronavirus COVID-19. It's impacting all of us—students, employees, families, community—and I want you to know that as your college president and as a former nurse, I am acutely aware of how important it is that we provide you with a healthy working environment.
Throughout the week we have been posting updates and messages on our COVID webpage: https://www.lanecc.edu/covid19. Our decisions are motivated by a concern for your health and informed by recommendations from the Governor; state, local and federal health authorities; and Oregon's Higher Education Commission.
Below is a summary of decisions as of today:
- LCC is and will continue to be open.
- Telecommuting for suitable jobs may be permitted upon arrangement with your supervisor. Essential jobs not suitable for telecommuting will be managed with social distancing. Consult your supervisor if you have questions.
- Campuswide cleaning protocols have been implemented in alignment with CDC recommendations.
- Best practices of personal hygiene are still your best defense: wash your hands frequently, cover your cough, stay home if you’re sick.
- Winter term final exams will be given by alternative methods such as online.
- The first three weeks of spring term will be delivered by remote methods and will begin as scheduled on March 30.
- Instructors whose courses require hands-on participation will inform their students how those requirements will be met.
- Nonessential events have been postponed until further notice.
This is a rapidly changing situation. I highly recommend that you check Lane's COVID webpage frequently: https://www.lanecc.edu/covid19. A schedule of college services will be posted to the COVID webpage by early next week
Please know that we are in constant communication with local, state and federal health and education authorities and will keep you informed. I am humbled and proud to be your president.
Margaret Hamilton, President
Lane Community College