COVID-19 Related Travel Restrictions

Sent as


Sent by

Provost and Executive Vice President Paul Jarrell

Sent to


Sent on

Friday, March 6, 2020 - 12:01pm

Hello everyone,

Lane Community College continues to closely monitor the COVID-19 situation. There are no confirmed cases in Lane County at this time. As of March 5, there are three confirmed cases in Oregon.

We are sharing new travel restrictions and guidance for students, faculty and staff so that we all can take responsible, proactive steps to help protect members of our community and mitigate the potential impact to our campus.

Until further notice, Lane Community College has decided to restrict college-related travel for students, faculty, and staff to geographic areas significantly impacted by the COVID-19 outbreak.

International Travel Restrictions

All college-affiliated travel to Level 3 countries as defined by the U.S. Department of State and U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention due to COVID-19 is prohibited. This currently includes China, South Korea, Iran and Italy.

Per recently revised CDC guidelines, any students, faculty, or staff returning from Level 3 countries will be asked to self-quarantine for 14 days off campus effective immediately. These advisories are subject to change so please be mindful of all upcoming domestic and international travel. If you travel to a location that is increased to a Level 3 while you are there, you will be subject to a 14-day self-quarantine off campus.

Domestic Travel Restrictions

The college is restricting students, faculty, and staff from college-affiliated travel to states with the highest number of reported cases of COVID-19. Currently, this includes the states of Washington, California and New York. If this changes we will issue further communication.

In addition, we strongly discourage personal travel to these areas. Given the rapidly changing nature of the virus, if you choose to travel to these affected areas you may be asked to undergo a 14-day self-quarantine off campus upon return.

We do not arrive at this decision lightly. We do understand the potential impact this decision may have on your programs, but feel that at this point, we need to err on the side of caution and protect the health and well-being of our entire community.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.