Steps to Enroll for Prior College Students
Deadline for WinterDecember 30
Welcome new Lane students!! We're happy you have chosen to enroll at Lane. In the following Steps to Enroll for fall term (summer term enrollment has ended), you will embark on the road to successfully fulfilling your academic dreams!
A few matters to consider: There are ongoing opportunities to enroll using the steps below throughout the fall and into the weeks before winter term begins. The deadline to start the Steps to Enroll for winter term is December 18 and the deadline to complete the Steps to Enroll is December 30. Remember, the earlier you enroll, you increase the chances of getting the classes you need and want, so please do not wait until the last minute to enroll. And consider your timing - completing all of the Steps to Enroll may take 4-10 days.
Step 1: Complete the required Lane Admissions Application
- The last day to apply for winter term admissions is December 18.
- You must have an email address before completing this online form. Find out more about setting up a free email account.
- Once your application is processed you'll receive an email with your Lane Identification Number (L#) and temporary myLane Password for use in Step 5 below.
- To verify myLane access you'll need to log into myLane and create a permanent Password and security questions.
Step 2: Apply for Financial Aid
Though this step is optional, you will not be eligible for any federal grants unless you complete the FAFSA. Apply early, as it can take 4-12 weeks to process aid awards once all documents have been received.
Step 3: Submit your Transcripts
- Sharing a transcript with your academic advisor is not the same as submitting your transcript to Enrollment Services and requesting a Transcript Evaluation from Enrollment Services.
- You may continue with these Steps to Enroll while your transcripts are being ordered or are en route.
- Complete this step if you plan to earn a degree or certificate from Lane.
Step 4: Decide if you need to complete Placement Testing
- If you have not completed a writing composition course at a previous college, or you earned a grade lower than a C-, you must take the reading/writing placement test before you can register.
- If you have not completed the math requirements for your desired program, major or degree and have not completed math within the past four terms (with a C- or higher), then take your math placement test.
- The Placement Testing deadline for winter term is Tuesday, December 29, or earlier if appointments are full on this date.
Step 5: Complete the required New Student Information Session
- The deadline to complete the New Student Information Session for winter term is 11:59 p.m. Friday, December 31.
- All new Lane students will complete this self-paced online information session. You will need your L# and permanent Password to access this resource
- You must complete the New Student Information Session to be able to see the myEnrollment tab in myLane.
Step 6: Drop-in for your required New Student Academic Advising Session
- The last date for you to drop-in for winter term is Wednesday, December 30 as long as there are advisors for your program/major available, and there is time for you to have a session before closing time at 5 p.m.
- Bring a copy (unofficial is fine) of your transcripts to your session.
Step 7: Register for Classes in myLane
That's it! You're ready to register for classes in myLane!
Under the myEnrollment tab, choose the "When Can I Register? and View Holds" link to be sure you are cleared to register. If you have any holds, follow the instructions given on how to remove your holds.
Don't forget to apply for scholarships! The Lane Foundation awards a number of scholarships early each spring.
- Questions or concerns? Use our Request for Information form (preferred), or call (541) 463-3200
- Come by the Counseling and Advising Center at the 30th Avenue campus, in Building 1, Room 103.