Steps to Enroll for First Time In College Students
Deadline for SpringMarch 24
(includes College Now students transitioning to Lane)
Welcome new Lane students!! We're happy you have chosen to enroll at Lane. In the following Steps to Enroll for winter term (fall term enrollment has ended), you will embark on the road to successfully fulfilling your academic dreams!
A few matters to consider: There are ongoing opportunities to enroll using the steps below, throughout the fall and into the weeks before winter term begins. The deadline to start the Steps to Enroll for spring term is March 20 and the deadline to complete the Steps to Enroll is March 24*. Remember, the earlier you enroll, you increase the chances of getting the classes you need and want, so please do not wait until the last minute to enroll. And consider your timing - completing the steps may take 4-10 days.
Step 1: Complete the required Lane Admissions Application
- The last day to apply for spring term admissions is March 20.
- You must have an email address before completing this online form. Find out more about setting up a free email account.
- Once your application is processed you'll receive an email with your Lane Identification Number (L#) and temporary myLane Password for use in Step 4 below.
- To verify myLane access you'll need to log into myLane and create a permanent Password and security questions.
- College Now students leaving the College Now program must click below and reapply to Lane.
Step 2: Apply for Financial Aid
Though this step is optional, you will not be eligible for any federal grants unless you complete the FAFSA. Apply early, as it can take 4-12 weeks to process aid awards once all documents have been received.
Step 3: Complete your required Placement Testing
- Schedule testing after receiving your L number.
- Remember, Placement Testing needs to be completed before attending your New Student Academic Advising Session.
- The last day for testing prior to spring term is Wednesday, March 23* or earlier if appointments are full on this date.
- Spring term Placement Testing begins in January.
Step 4: Complete the required New Student Information Session
- The deadline to complete the New Student Information Session for winter term is 11:59 p.m. Friday, March 25.
- All new Lane students will complete this self-paced online information session. You will need your L# and permanent Password to access this resource
- You must complete the New Student Information Session to be able to see the myEnrollment tab in myLane.
Step 5: Schedule a required New Student Academic Advising Session
- You must have completed Steps 1 and 3 before attending your New Student Academic Advising Session. Most importantly, without test scores you cannot be advised, and therefore you will not be able to attend the New Student Academic Advising Session.
- The last New Student Academic Advising Session scheduled for winter term is Thursday, March 24*, at 9 a.m.
- Spring term New Student Academic Advising Sessions begin February 26.
Step 6: Register for Classes in myLane
That's it! You're ready to register for classes in myLane!
*Students choosing the online option have different deadlines. Please refer to the online instructions once you enter the online system.
Under the myEnrollment tab, choose the "When Can I Register? and View Holds" link to be sure you are cleared to register. If you have any holds, follow the instructions given on how to remove your holds.
Don't forget to apply for scholarships! The Lane Foundation awards a number of scholarships early each spring.
- Questions or concerns? Use the Counseling and Advising email form (preferred), or call (541) 463-3200
- Come by the Counseling and Advising Center at the 30th Avenue campus, in Building 1, Room 103.