Steps to Enroll for First Time In College Students
Deadline for Fall
(includes College Now students transitioning to Lane)
Welcome new Lane students! We're happy you have chosen to enroll at Lane. In the following Steps to Enroll, you will embark on the road to successfully fulfilling your academic dreams!
A few matters to consider: There are ongoing opportunities to enroll using the steps below before summer and fall terms begin. The deadline to start the Steps to Enroll for summer term varies according to the session you plan to attend. For summer session start dates go here. The deadline to start the Steps to Enroll for fall term is September 17 and the deadline to complete the Steps to Enroll for fall term is September 20*. Remember, the earlier you enroll, you increase the chances of getting the classes you need and want, so please do not wait until the last minute to enroll. And consider your timing – completing the steps may take 4-10 days.
Step 1: Complete the required Lane Admissions Application
- The last day to apply for summer term admissions varies according to the summer session you will enroll in. View the summer session start dates.
- The last day to apply for fall term admissions is September 17.
- You must have an email address before completing this online form.
- Once your application is processed you'll receive an email with your Lane Identification Number (L#) and temporary myLane Password for use in Step 4 below.
- To verify myLane access you'll need to log into myLane and create a permanent Password and security questions.
- College Now students leaving the College Now program must click below and reapply to Lane.
Step 2: Apply for Financial Aid
Though this step is optional, you will not be eligible for any federal grants unless you complete the FAFSA. Apply early, as it can take 4-12 weeks to process aid awards once all documents have been received.
Step 3: Complete your required Placement Testing
- Schedule testing after receiving your L number.
- Remember, Placement Testing needs to be completed before attending your New Student Academic Advising Session.
- The last day for testing prior to summer term varies according to the session you plan to attend*. For summer session start dates go here.
- The last day for testing prior to fall term is Tuesday, September 19* or earlier if appointments are full on this date.
Step 4: Complete the required New Student Information Session
- All new Lane students need to complete this self-paced online information session in order to be able to register for classes. You will need your L# and permanent Password to access this resource.
- You must complete the New Student Information Session to be able to see the myEnrollment tab in myLane.
Step 5: Schedule a required New Student Academic Advising Session
- You must have completed Steps 1 and 3 before attending your New Student Academic Advising Session. Most importantly, without test scores you cannot be advised, and therefore you will not be able to attend the New Student Academic Advising Session.
- If you have high school credit for college level Writing and/or Math that you feel exempts you from placement testing, you must bring a copy (unofficial is fine) of your college/IB/AP transcript to this session, even if you have already submitted official transcripts to Lane. We need to review transcripts in order to release you to register.
- New Student Academic Advising Sessions for summer term begin May 16 and continue as needed throughout the summer*.
- New Student Academic Advising Sessions for fall term begin May 31. The last New Student Academic Advising Session scheduled for fall term is
Wednesday, September 20*, at 9 a.m.
Step 6: Register for Classes in myLane
That's it! You're ready to register!
*Students choosing the online option have different deadlines. Please refer to the online instructions once you enter the online system.
Under the myEnrollment tab, choose the "When Can I Register? and View Holds" link to be sure you are cleared to register. If you have any holds, follow the instructions given on how to remove your holds.
Don't forget to apply for scholarships! The Lane Foundation awards a number of scholarships early each spring.
- Questions or concerns? Use the Counseling and Advising email form (preferred), or call (541) 463-3200
- Come by the Counseling and Advising Center at the 30th Avenue campus, in Building 1, Room 103.