Every student has an assigned Program Advising Team (counselor/advisor). To determine what Counselor or Advisor is assigned to a particular major, choose one of the links below, or contact the Counseling Dept:
- Academic Advising Resources (Moodle) - Electronic resources to help you research and discover answers to many of your academic/career questions and concerns.
- Transfer students(seeking 4 year degree) View the Oregon Transfer Module for additional information and list of advisors.
- School of Professional and Technical Careers students (seeking one or two year degree/certificate)- Counselor/Advisor is listed in program description.
- Undecided students (have not yet decided on a major/program)
- Counselor and Academic Advisor by program
- Glossary of Advising Terms
- LCC Course Equivalency Transfer Tool
- Steps to Enroll in Credit Classes
- Testing Information
- Cottage Grove Academic Advising Services
- Florence Counseling and Academic Advising Services
- Advanced Placement, International Baccalaureate, and CLEP information
- Transferring Credits
- Enrollment Services
The Counseling Department offers students several academic advising services. Counselors and Academic Advisors help students to:
- Learn about Lane services and programs.
- Identify college procedures.
- Obtain up-to-date written information about requirements for Lane programs and degrees.
- Plan course schedules to meet personal needs and program requirements.
- Identify Lane courses that meet degree requirements at Lane and at four-year colleges throughout the state.
- Solve scheduling difficulties or problems.
- Identify ways to do well in class and feel satisfied about school.
You may contact counselors or academic advisors directly during their posted office hours, or through the Counseling and Advising Center (541) 463-3200. The Counseling and Advising Center is available to you for orientation and information on a drop-in basis. You may also use the center for brief advising or for referral for counseling or advising.
Contact the department for a current schedule.