This procedure describes the scheduling priorities for each of the types of rooms available on campus, and the scheduling process.
Scheduling of general purpose classrooms, which can be used for a variety of instructional purposes, is to be done with the Scheduling Specialist.
- Priority use will be defined as classrooms scheduled by a department. Curriculum and Scheduling is responsible for assigning and reassigning priority use as the need arises.
- Priority use of a classroom may be secured by forwarding a request to Curriculum and Scheduling that outlines the instructional needs, e.g., instructional needs or seating capacity.
- Curriculum and Scheduling will be responsible for assigning all nonpriority use of general classrooms.
Scheduling of laboratories, which are rooms or buildings equipped for experimentation, research, or testing, is to be done first through the department, and then through the Scheduling Specialist.
- Priority use will be defined as laboratories assigned to those departments for which the laboratory experience is an integral or required part of the academic program.
- For nonpriority use, the instructional manager responsible for the laboratory must be contacted for authorization to use the laboratory before the facility can be scheduled with the Scheduling Specialist.
- If authorization is granted, the facility may be scheduled with the Scheduling Specialist.
- The instructional manager responsible for the facility must develop standard operating procedures for use of the laboratory and its equipment. These procedures must apply to all users of the facility.
- Where specialized equipment is to be used, the instructional manager shall approve all persons who use the equipment.
Scheduling of lecture/labs, which are dual purpose rooms that have lecture as well as laboratory facilities, will be scheduled through the Scheduling Specialist.
- Priority use of the lecture/labs will be assigned to those departments that require the special facility to support the department's instructional programs.
- The Scheduling Specialist will be responsible for assigning all nonpriority use of lecture/labs. The Scheduling Specialist will be responsible for insuring that the proposed instructional activity is compatible with the facility.
All noninstructional scheduling is to be done is accordance with Facilities: Scheduling.