Responsible Executive Authority
This procedure names individuals authorized to make referrals, and the process for requesting such consultation.
Considering the number and variety of college issues with legal implications, the following procedures for communication with the college legal counsel are outlined below.
- All matters requiring the attention of college legal counsel are to be coordinated through the President's Office. Persons authorized to make direct referrals to legal counsel are:
- The college president;
- The assistant to the president;
- The vice presidents, executive deans, and officers
- The budget analyst.
The President's Office must be notified of all referrals.
- All correspondence to legal counsel is to include a copy to the President's Office (attachments not required).
- After the initial correspondence has been forwarded to counsel, counsel will communicate directly with initiator.
- All opinions and other correspondence from college legal counsel shall be sent to the college president directly.