Responsible Executive Authority
This procedure describes the qualifications required for non-credit instructors, and the application and employment process to be used.
Review requirements must be completed prior to scheduling a new instructor to teach any Continuing Education (CE) class. Instructors approved to teach credit classes at Lane Community College are considered approved to teach Continuing Education classes, pending course qualifications.
Applications for employment as a CE instructor must include:
- Completed Lane Community College Application for Employment;
- Three work-related references;
- Prior teaching experience, or equivalent; and
- Completed departmental course proposal/syllabus.
In addition, application packets must provide documentation of subject expertise, including, as appropriate:
- Evidence of relevant degree(s) or successful business ownership/management;
- Evidence of relevant training;
- Evidence of required license (e.g., nursing, tax consulting, real estate, investments); and
- Demonstrated expertise for non-academic and non-work subjects (e.g., flytying, ethnic cooking).
A minimum of two references must be consulted regarding the applicant's qualifications. Summaries of comments by references must be documented.
The completed application package for approved instructors must be maintained in the department's central instructor file for six months after termination of employment.