News & Announcements
The last day to make changes to your child's schedule for winter term is November 20th, 2015.
Campus will be closed for Thanksgiving weekend from November 26th to 29th.
The Play Back fundraising event at The Dancing Weasel Toy Store is taking place November 27th-29th, learn more on our Facebook page or in the fall newsletter.
Finals week this term is December 7th through 12th, Child Care will be closed Friday of Finals week.
Winter Break will take place December 13th through January 3rd.
Winter Term begins January 1st, 2016.
Campus will be closed on Martin Luther King Jr. holiday on January 18th.
2015-2016 Enrollment is in progress!
Lane Child and Family Center
Come meet our classroom teachers and take a tour!
- National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) Accreditation
- Oregon's Quality Rating and Improvement System (QRIS Quality Program - Lane Child and Family Center rated 5 Stars
Call Now to schedule a tour.
Enrollment is open to community, staff and student families. Families can enroll anytime. Come visit our program in action. The center is open Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 5:30 pm and serves children 30 months through 5 years old.
The Lane Child and Family Center is a state licensed preschool/child care program serving families on Lane's main campus. The program is the only Lane County Child Care Center accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children and rated 5 stars by Oregon's Quality Rating and Improvement System. The Center is a teacher preparation school and parent cooperative.
We provide opportunities for children to explore, discover and experiment with a wide variety of materials in a safe and emotionally responsive environment. Teachers respect each child's unique needs and allow development at his or her own pace. We encourage positive parent-child interaction, parent involvement and consistent care between school and home.
The program provides financial assistance to help reduce the child care fees for those who are eligible.
The center offers full and part time care that includes:
- Large classrooms with engaging learning materials
- Outdoor areas that have been transformed into Natural Playscapes
- Breakfast, lunch and snack provided
- Parent observation rooms to view classroom activities
- Professionally trained teachers
- All staff have CPR/First Aide Training
- Teacher assistance from parents and Early Childhood Education students
- Low child-to-caregiver ratio to allow for individual attention for each child
- See subsidies/scholarships options to reduce child care expenses
Lane Child & Family Center video:
Unable to view this video? View it on video.lanecc.edu