Demonstration Kitchen - Main Campus
The Wiper Demonstration Kitchen is the center of applied learning for Lane's nationally accredited Culinary Arts Program. The kitchen can be reserved around student use for events such as:
- Culinary competitions
- Cooking demonstrations
- Cooking classes
- Culinary special events
The kitchen comes fully equipped with:
- Seating for 30, classroom style, with black and whiteboards and demonstration table with overhead mirror.
- "Smart" classroom technologyy.
- Six work stations, accommodating up to 24 participants, with stainless steel cabinets, countertops, and food preparation sinks.
- Commercial Wolf brand, six-burner stoves (50,000 BTUs) with full-size forced air convection ovens.
- A two-compartment deep fryer and a 36 inch char broiler.
- Full ventilation system with automatic fire suppression.
- Three reach-in commercial refrigerators.
- Full complement of commercial food production equipment, including a wide variety of pots, roasting pans, sieves, terrine forms and platters.
Culinary Team Building Iron Chef-Style at the CENTER
Download a PDF: Culinary Team Building Iron Chef-Style
"We LOVE the 'Iron Chef' team building events offered by the Center for Meeting and Learning. We have booked three Iron Chef events, and they have all been huge hits with our clients. Chefs and student chefs are always eager to answer any questions and lend their suggestions should we ask! I find the events extremely organized, from the way that teams are created, to the meal planning and cooking, to the judging process. Of course, the best part is eating a meal that we have created together!
We highly recommend the Iron Chef event for a special client appreciation evening, team building, or for any occasion where the goal is to join cooking, fun, and friends."
- H. Van Buskirk
Client Services Manager
Caprai-Mahalak Financial Group