This course is not offered currently. We hope to start Medical Receptionist classes again Fall Term 2021.
Please check this page regularly for updates.
This noncredit course will provide students with entry-level skills to seek employment in medical and dental front desk. Instruction includes medical ethics and laws, basic medical terminology, customer service, clerical skills, registration and scheduling, basics of billing and insurance and initial medical record documentation.
It is highly recommended that students taking this course have basic MS Word and Excel skills, as well as a background in customer service in an office environment.
Costs and Textbooks
The course is 60 hours long and the cost is $525.
The textbooks you will need for the Medical Receptionist class are listed here. Note that details such as publication edition, copyright year, and ISBN numbers will help you find the correct text when searching online. We highly recommend that you purchase the edition listed. If you buy from a site such as Powell's or Amazon.com, you can simply copy and paste the ISBN number into the search field.
Medical Office Admin: WRKTXT, 3rd Edition 14
Medical Terminology: Short Course, 7th Edition
Fall Term 2020 Class Times and Location
Class is on Tuesday and Thursday from 1-4 pm at Lane's Mary Spilde Downtown Center, 101 W. 10th Avenue Room TBA.
Cooperative Education (co-op) offers students college credit and a grade for on-the-job work experience related to their educational and career goals. Through co-op, Students connect theory and practice, develop skills, expand career knowledge, and have contacts for the future, Costs for co-op will vary. Work schedules and work sites vary. Students are required to pass a background check, drug screen, personal health insurance and have current immunizations to be eligible. Contact Jamie Kelsch, email@example.com.
Class enrollment is limited to 20 students. Lane Community College reserves the right to cancel the course if minimum enrollment is not met.
Physicians' offices, dental offices, clinics, surgical centers and hospitals are just some of the organizations which employ Medical Receptionists.
Steps to register:
- Visit ce.lanecc.edu to set up a profile and register for class. If you have already created a profile, go to step 8.
- Click "Create a New Profile" and fill out the form
- You must fill in all boxes that have an asterisk
- Your L number is not required
- Use your email address for your username
- Create a password of your choice
- Once your profile has been set up you are ready to register
- Search for a class by clicking "courses" in the left hand column or in the search field on the upper right of the page
- Add your class to the shopping cart and checkout to finalize your registration