This training is offered Fall and Winter Terms Only
for the 2019-2020 school year
This non-credit training will provide students with entry-level skills to seek employment in medical and dental front desk. Instruction includes medical ethics and laws, basic medical terminology, customer service, clerical skills, registration and scheduling, basics of billing and insurance and initial medical record documentation.
It is highly recommended that students taking this course have basic
MS Word and Excel skills, as well as a background in customer service
in an office environment.
Costs and Textbooks
The course is 60 hours long and the cost is $525.
The textbooks you will need for the Medical Receptionist class are listed here. Note that details such as publication edition, copyright year, and ISBN numbers will help you find the correct text when searching online. We highly recommend that you purchase the edition listed. If you buy from a site such as Powell's or Amazon.com, you can simply copy and paste the ISBN number into the search field.
Medical Office Admin: WRKTXT, 3rd Edition 14
Medical Terminology: Short Course, 7th Edition
Class Times and Location
Class is on Tuesday and Thursday from 1-4 pm at Lane's Mary Spilde Downtown Center, 101 W. 10th Avenue Room 105.
Cooperative Education (co-op) offers students college credit and a grade for on-the-job work experience related to their educational and career goals. Through co-op, Students connect theory and practice, develop skills, expand career knowledge, and have contacts for the future, Costs for co-op will vary. Work schedules and work sites vary. Students are required to pass a background check, drug screen, personal health insurance and have current immunizations to be eligible. Contact Jamie Kelsch, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Class enrollment is limited to 15 students. Lane Community College reserves the right to cancel the course if minimum enrollment is not met.
Physicians' offices, dental offices, clinics, surgical centers and hospitals are just some of the organizations which employ Medical Receptionists.
Steps to register:
- To register for classes please set up a profile on our online registration system
- If you have already created a profile, skip the next 5 steps.
- Click "Create a New Profile" and fill out the form
- You must fill in all boxes that have an asterisk
- Use your email address for your username
- Create a password of your choice
- Once your profile has been set up you are ready to register
- Search for a class by clicking "courses" in the left hand column or in the search field on the upper right of the page
- Add your class(es) to the shopping cart and checkout to finalize your registration