Alert #3: Back on Course
Alert #3 - Back on Course is the third level of intervention for the Academic Progress Standards system.
Lane offers a 1 credit class titled College Success: Back on Course taught by one of our counselors. This course helps students identify real and perceived barriers/obstacles to their academic success. Various success strategies and resources are introduced during this 7 week course.
The Back on Course Curriculum
- college policies and expectations
- accessing campus resources and support
- strategies for academic success
- taking personal responsibility
- identifying academic and career goals
- improving self-management skills
- making conscious and informed decisions
- learning new coping skills
* Over 93% of students who have completed Back on Course report it has helped them improve academically, and 98% recommend Back on Course to other students.
Information sessions are provided to help students understand what is expected at Alert #3 and to learn how to enroll for a Back on Course class. Notifications (Lane email) are sent to each student should the class be required.