Substance Abuse Prevention
The Recovery Center offers comprehensive and confidential substance abuse prevention services for students and staff. Services include information, referral and individual and group counseling about issues which affect students, staff and their families. Support groups are available to support recovery or simply to gain information on a variety of issues including alcohol and other drug abuse, smoking cessation, eating issues, parenting, co-dependency, and related problems. The center suggests a wide variety of choices based on each individual's circumstances. The Center does not advocate any particular program of recovery or self-help.
The Recovery Center facilitates the formation of student-run support groups on topical issues such as Narcotics Anonymous and Alcoholics Anonymous. While these meetings are listed in the community as being open meetings, they are facilitated by Lane students and therefore are subject to change from term to term. They are not held during finals week and school breaks. All services are open to currently enrolled Lane Community College students (and their families) in credit, and Adult Basic and Secondary Education classes. There is no cost to students or their families. Most services are provided by professionally trained staff. Information and referral services are provided by trained volunteers and students.
All services provided are confidential. Information is not released without student permission, except upon court order. Office hours for fall, winter and spring terms are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. The center is closed summer term.
Note: The college is closed on Fridays during summer term.
For questions, call the Substance Abuse Recovery Center (541) 463-5178.
Substance Abuse Prevention
The Recovery Center, Building 1, Room 226
Lane Community College
4000 East 30th Avenue
Eugene, OR 97405
- AlcoholHelp.com - Alcohol Help is an educational resource that helps those who are struggling with an addiction to alcohol by providing meticulously researched information to the public at no cost. The goal of our site is to create a healthier and happier community, free from alcohol abuse issues.
- Chrysalis Behavioral Health Outpatient Services - Chrysalis is a client-centered, humanistic treatment program based on the belief that all people can develop a healthy, drug-free lifestyle. We provide innovative outpatient services for adults over 18 who need alcohol and/or drug abuse treatment as well as mental health services.
- Emergence - To provide comprehensive treatment services that reduce the incidence and prevalence of addictions by providing integrated mental health, substance abuse, and gambling treatment services that promote the health and quality of life of our community members.
- Serenity Lane - Serenity Lane’s mission is to transform lives through the treatment of addiction. We believe that recovery from addiction is possible.
- Willamette Family, Inc. - The mission of Willamette Family, Inc. is to provide readily accessible, quality mental health and substance abuse/addiction care for men, women, youth, and families in an atmosphere that promotes compassion, healing, respect and well-being for all.