Alert #3: Back on Course
Academic Progress Standards (APS) support is being offered remotely by way of phone, email, and Zoom appointment by request. Contact us for more information.
Alert #3 - Back on Course is the third level of intervention for the Academic Progress Standards system.
Lane offers a (1) credit class titled College Success: Back on Course taught by one of our counselors. This course helps students identify real and perceived barriers/obstacles to their academic success. Various success strategies and resources are introduced during this (7) week course.
The Back on Course Curriculum
- college policies and expectations
- accessing campus resources and support
- strategies for academic success
- taking personal responsibility
- identifying academic and career goals
- improving self-management skills
- making conscious and informed decisions
- learning new coping skills
* Over 93% of students who have completed Back on Course report it has helped them improve academically, and 98% recommend Back on Course to other students.
Should a student have an Alert 3 Hold preventing them from registering for classes simply contact the Counseling Center at (541) 463-3600 or email at CounDept@lanecc.edu to schedule a remote consultation with a Retention Counselor. That staff member will explain the process to remove the registration hold.