- May 27, 2015, EUGENE, Ore. - Lane Community College is nearly finished with renovations of the student center building.
Demolition started December 15, 2013.
The center building was originally built more than 50 years ago.
"It was really built for students that were in the 20th century," said Todd Smith, "and now today's students in the 21st century needs a lot more access to technology, and different types of areas that enhance their learning experience."
Smith said the building renovations are aimed to help students achieve their educational goals.
The building houes the library, tutoring center and 17 group study rooms.
"Technology is there where they can display projects on flat screen monitor, and show each other as they go through their projects," Smith said.
The building will be a silver-certified LEED building, meaning it's designed to be environmentally friendly. The renovated building is expected to use 20 percent less energy than before.
Students will also have more choices for lunch with added food services.
The total budgeted cost is $35.1 million. Of that, $21.3 million comes from bond levy funds.
- January 10, 2013, "Exemplary" Downtown Campus wins LCC and award from the mayor
EUGENE, OR - Lane Community College and its new Downtown Campus received accolades and a Community Award from Eugene Mayor Kitty Piercy in her annual State of the City address given Jan. 9.
- June 19, 2012, TITAN COURT NOW LEASING FOR FALL 2012
- EUGENE, OR – The new Lane Community College downtown student housing building at 975 Charnelton Street, Titan Court, is now leasing to students for fall term occupancy.
Students can apply online at www.titancourt.com or call (541) 344-2828 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- May, 16, 2012, BOND: OPEN FORUM ON CENTER FEASIBILITY STUDY
On Wednesday, May 16 there will be another open forum on the Center building feasibility study from 3-5 p.m. in building 19, room 226 (auditorium). At the forum, we will gather and view options/drawings, review the presentations, and will welcome open discussion on all options presented. Contact Dave Willis, (541) 463-5566.
- BOND TEAM OPEN HOUSE: The Bond Leadership Team and Facilities Management and Planning invite you to review the project options developed by the architects from SRG Partnership at an open house on Friday, April 20, in Building 19, Room 220.
The current bond project feasibility study includes the remaining bond projects of the Center Building, Building 17, and the second floor of Building 18. There is some unallocated space on the first floor of Building 11 that could be used by the architects for some of their options. The other remaining project is the construction of the second dance studio.
The open house will provide you with an opportunity to review the project options, hear a presentation on the architect's findings and give your feedback on the various options presented. We appreciate the time that many of you gave to come and meet with the architects during the past two weeks. The architects are now working on several options to present to the campus community. The options will outline space allocation by function/department to the various building floors, but will not contain detailed architectural drawings. Contact: Alen Bahret, Bond Leadership Team Chair, email@example.com
Session 1: Friday, April 20, 10 a.m. to 12-noon. Options will be displayed during the two-hour block and a presentation by the architects will be made at 10:30 a.m.
Session 2: Friday, April 20, 2-4 p.m. Options will be displayed during the two-hour block and a presentation by the architects will be made at 2:30 p.m.
- April 12, 2012, Sustainability showcase planned for LCC Earth Week, April 20 - 23, 2012, Kick-off your Earth Day celebration by attending the ribbon cutting ceremony for Lane's solar station. This event will include an address by President Mary Spilde, an electric vehicle charging demonstration, and a chance to mingle with the team that made this project happen including funders, designers, contractors and others...
- Bond Project Open Session with Architects, Wednesday, April 11, 1-4 p.m., Bldg. 2, Rm. 213.
- March 8, 2012, LCC bond spending on drawing board, The Torch
- November 10, 2011, A child's-eye view of the LCC Downtown Campus.
- August 15, 2011, Sometimes it only takes a word to get action, Lease Crutcher Lewis
- June 16, 2011: LCC Construction Fills Longtime Void, KMTR News
- June 14, 2011, Lane Downtown Campus Groundbreaking.
- June 9, 2011, Lane ESL program relocates for the summer.
- May 27, 2011, LCC Downtown Campus, City of Eugene
- May 21, 2011, LCC's Downtown Campus: Teaching Building and "Living Library", Eugene Daily News
- May 8, 2011, Solar EV charging goes online at Oregon college, SolarChargedDriving.Com
- April 24, 2011, LCC Downtown Campus Wins $100,000 EWEB Grant, KEZI 9.
- All previous news items are available on our archived site
For additional information about the bond, contact Lane's Bond Project Managers.
If you have comments, questions or feedback concerning Lane's Bond, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.