No person may bring onto college property or into any college-owned facility or to any college-sponsored class or activity any intoxicating beverage, controlled substances, volatile inhalants, except in the situations specified in this policy. No person may appear on college property or in any college-owned facility or in any college-sponsored class or activity under the influence of any of the above mentioned substances. Under no circumstances shall alcohol be served at college-sponsored activities to underage minors as defined by state law.
Exceptions to this policy are as follows:
- Alcoholic Beverages may be used/served:
- for cooking and/or instructional purposes in food preparation labs or classes and in labs or classes related to the science and/or service of alcohol; or
- at college-sponsored or on-campus activities catered by legally licensed and insured businesses or agencies with prior approval using procedures specified in college administrative rules (see Alcoholic Beverages on Campus).
- With appropriate documentation, prescription opiates, or other psychoactive medications, may be used as legally prescribed by a licensed practitioner. However, according to statute, marijuana shall not be ingested on campus even with a medical marijuana card.
- Glue and thinners may be used only in class-related lab environments and in facilities construction and maintenance for non-intoxicating purposes.
Adopted: November 9, 1998
Revised: June 9, 2004
Revised: March 8, 2006
Revised: February 18, 2009
Revised: March 14, 2012
Reviewed: July 13, 2017