Non-recurring resources are resources that are not part of an annual revenue stream. Non-recurring resources include but are not limited to such categories as:
- Fund balances (i.e., "carryover")
- One-time grants or awards of money
- Funds withheld from annual budget allocations (e.g., funds held back from annual General Fund transfer to Capital Repair & Improvement)
- Special allocations from the state (e.g., allocations from the Emergency Board)
- Other special allocations (e.g., "seed money" for a project)
Non-recurring resources shall not be budgeted for ongoing recurring expenditures.
Non-recurring resources may be allocated for one-time expenditures including but not limited to the following:
- Capital equipment
- Capital construction
- Investment in a new program or service that will move to recurring funding sources after a specified trial period
- Projects related to the strategic directions of the college.
However, the college shall not rely on non-recurring resources for funding ongoing needs such as major maintenance and equipment replacement.
ADOPTED: January 14, 2004
REVIEWED: March 14, 2007
REVIEWED: November 4, 2009
REVIEWED: December 5, 2012