Steps to Enroll for Prior College Students
Deadline for Fall
Welcome new Lane students!! We're happy you have chosen to enroll at Lane. In the following Steps to Enroll for spring term, you will embark on the road to successfully fulfilling your academic dreams!
A few matters to consider: There are ongoing opportunities to enroll using the steps below before summer and fall terms begins.
The deadline to start the Steps to Enroll for fall term varies according to the session you plan to attend.
The deadline to start the Steps to Enroll for fall term is September 14 and the deadline to complete the Steps to Enroll for fall term is September 19.
Remember, the earlier you enroll, you increase the chances of getting the classes you need and want, so please do not wait until the last minute to enroll. And consider your timing - completing all of the Steps to Enroll may take 4-10 days.
Step 1: Complete the required Lane Admissions Application
- The last day to apply for summer term admissions varies according to the summer session you will enroll in.
- The last day to apply for fall term admissions is September 14.
- You must have an email address before completing this online form.
- Once your application is processed you'll receive an email with your Lane Identification Number (L#) and temporary myLane Password for use in Step 5 below.
- To verify myLane access you'll need to log into myLane and create a permanent Password and security questions.
Step 2: Apply for Financial Aid
Though this step is optional, you will not be eligible for any federal grants unless you complete the FAFSA. Apply early, as it can take 4-12 weeks to process aid awards once all documents have been received.
Step 3: Submit your Transcripts
- Sharing a transcript with your academic advisor is not the same as submitting your transcript to Enrollment Services and requesting a Transcript Evaluation from Enrollment Services.
- You may continue with these Steps to Enroll while your transcripts are being ordered or are in route.
- Complete this step if you plan to earn a degree or certificate from Lane.
Step 4: Decide if you need to complete Placement Testing
- If you have not completed a writing composition course at a previous college, or you earned a grade lower than a C-, you must take the reading/writing placement test before you can register.
- If you have not completed the math requirements for your desired program, major or degree and have not completed math within the past four terms (with a C- or higher), then take your math placement test.
- The Placement Testing deadline for summer term varies according to the session you plan to attend. You must complete testing by the start of the summer session you plan to attend.
- The Placement Testing deadline for fall term is Tuesday, September 19, or earlier if appointments are full on this date.
Step 5: Complete the required New Student Information Session
- All new Lane students need to complete this self-paced online information session in order to be able to register for classes. You will need your L# and permanent Password to access this resource.
- You must complete the New Student Information Session to be able to see the myEnrollment tab in myLane.
Step 6: Drop-in for your required Start Right Advising session
- The last date for you to drop-in for a summer term session varies according to the session you plan to attend.
- The last date for you to drop-in for a fall term session is Wednesday, September 19, as long as there are advisors for your program/major available and there is time for you to have a session before closing time at 5 p.m.
- Bring a copy (unofficial is fine) of your transcripts to your session, even if you have already submitted official transcripts to the college.
Step 7: Register for Classes in myLane
That's it! You're ready to register!
Under the myEnrollment tab, choose the "When Can I Register? and View Holds" link to be sure you are cleared to register. If you have any holds, follow the instructions given on how to remove your holds.
Don't forget to apply for scholarships! The LCC Foundation awards a number of scholarships early each spring.