Steps to Enroll for Non-Degree Seeking Students
Welcome to Lane! If you'd like to take a class at Lane, but don't need a degree, there's just three steps for you to get started.
The deadline to start the Steps to Enroll for spring term is March 25 and the deadline to complete the Steps to Enroll is March 29*. Remember, the earlier you enroll, you increase the chances of getting the classes you need and want, so please do not wait until the last minute to enroll.
Step 1: Complete the required Lane Admissions Application
- The last day to apply for spring term admissions is March 25.
- You must have an email address before completing this online form.
- Once your application is processed you'll receive an email with your Lane Identification Number (L#) and temporary myLane Password within one business day for use in Step 3 below.
- To verify myLane access you'll need to log into myLane and create a permanent Password and security questions.
- Be sure to select "I want to take classes for personal enrichment or professional development, and I do not plan to transfer or earn a degree or certificate" as your program of study.
Step 2: Complete the required New Student Information Session
- All new Lane students need to complete this self-paced online information session in order to be able to register for classes. You will need your L# and permanent Password to access this resource.
- You must complete the New Student Information Session to be able to see the myEnrollment tab on your myLane page.
Step 3: Register for classes in myLane
That's it! You're ready to register!
Under the myEnrollment tab, choose the "When Can I Register? and View Holds" link to be sure you are cleared to register. If you have any holds, follow the instructions given on how to remove your holds.
Don't forget to apply for scholarships! The LCC Foundation awards a number of scholarships early each spring.
If you are an Oregon resident who is 65 or older, you are eligible to receive a Senior Credit Tuition Waiver at Lane Community College.