First Time in College Online New Student Orientation
Welcome new Lane students!
If this is your first time in college (includes those who earned college credit through Lane, another college, or Advanced Placement or International Baccalaureate while still in high school) please review the information below.
Before completing your online New Student Orientation, make sure you have applied for admissions to Lane and completed course placement via our Steps to Enroll. If you need help with the Steps to Enroll, please contact Admissions.
If you earned college credit during high school not from Lane Community College, please submit a copy of your unofficial college or AP/IB transcripts to your advising team so they can best advise you on your first term of enrollment. If you plan to earn a degree or certificate from Lane, please submit official transcripts to Enrollment Services as well.
- The New Student Orientation will not be held in person until further notice.
- Please use your First Term Academic Advising Guide to register for classes.
- If you have questions, you can email your Academic Advising Team. If you are unsure of your Academic department, please contact the Advising department.
- Summer term classes begin on Monday, June 21, 2021. The last day to apply for summer term admissions varies according to the summer session you will enroll in. It is strongly recommended to complete your New Student Orientation and register for all classes before week 1 of summer session begins.
- Fall term classes begin on Wednesday, September 27, 2021. You have until Wednesday, September 29, 2021 before 4:00 pm to complete all of your steps to enroll. It is strongly recommended to complete your New Student Orientation and register for all classes before week 1 of fall term begins
- After you complete the online New Student Orientation, your next step will be to register for classes in myLane!
- Please review additional advising information to help you register for classes.
If you have further questions or concerns, contact the Advising Department.