Steps to Enroll for Non-Degree Seeking Students
Remember, the earlier you enroll, the more likely you are to get the classes you need and want, so don’t wait until the last minute to enroll!
The last day to begin the Steps to Enroll for summer term varies according to the summer session you will enroll in. Deadline to complete all of Steps to Enroll for fall term is Wednesday, September, 29th.
Step 1: Complete the required Lane Admissions Application
- The last day to begin the Steps to Enroll for summer term varies according to the summer session you will enroll in. The last day to apply for fall term admissions is September 29th.
- You must have an email address before completing this online form.
- Once your application is processed you'll receive an email with your Lane Identification Number (L#) and temporary myLane Password within one to three business day for use in Step 3 below.
- To verify myLane access you'll need to log into myLane and create a permanent password and security questions.
- Be sure to select "I want to take classes for personal enrichment or professional development, and I do not plan to transfer or earn a degree or certificate" as your program of study!
Step 2: Complete the required New Student Information Session
- All new Lane students need to complete this self-paced online information session in order to be able to register for classes. You will need your L# and permanent Password to access this resource.
- You must complete the New Student Information Session to be able to enroll.
Step 3: Register for classes in myLane
That's it! You're ready to register!
Some classes may have prerequisites or require instructor approval to be added to your schedule. Please contact the department for the class you want to take (i.e. Want to take Math 111 and need approval? Contact the Math Department!) and they can help you understand your options.
Check Holds and When I can Register:
To check when you can register, under Enrollment and Student Financial Services Registration & Books, “When Can I Register?”. To check holds, look under Enrollment and Student Financial Services, Student Records, "View Holds". If you have any holds, follow the instructions given on how to remove your holds.
Don't forget to apply for scholarships! The LCC Foundation awards scholarships to new and returning students every year.
If you are an Oregon resident who is 62 or older, you are eligible to receive a Senior Credit Tuition Waiver at Lane Community College.