Tuesday 8am- 9am
Thursday 8am- 9am
Friday 8am- 2pm
Call (541) 463-5353 OR Visit the Front Desk of the Women's Center
Student Technical Assistance and
Student Tech Assistants (Techies) are Women providing basic technical and computer help to women of Lane Community College. We are passionate about technology and how it can empower us to succeed and lead a happier and more productive life. We encourage students to learn and understand how to use and maintain a healthy computer and we provide aid in gaining the knowledge to do so.
What We Provide:
- Basic Microsoft Applications
- Computer maintenance
- Help with a computer purchase
- Troubleshooting for hardware & software
- Device Security & Virus Protection
- Device Maintenance
- System and software updates
- And more...
Netbook Loaning Program:
The goal of the Netbook Loaning program is to give our students short-term access to some of the materials that they need to be successful in college. The netbook is a small, portable computer that gives you an access point to the internet and some software programs like the MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
To Get a Loaner Netbook:
- You must be:
a. A credit student at Lane Community College
b. Be in good financial standing with Lane Community College (No holds)
c. Have a valid photo ID
d. Show qualifying need
e. For full terms and conditions click here.
- Make an appointment. Call or stop by the Women's Program front office and make an appointment to see Lisa Bohannan, the Career and Technical Student Advisor for the women of LCC. Here is the Link to the contact page.
- Come in for regular Netbook check-ups. You will need to bring the netbook in approximately once a week for software updates, and to answer any of your computer and technical questions.
If you don't have a computer, there are many computer labs on campus that are available to you. These computers all have some version of the Microsoft Office Suite, and some have the Adobe Creative Suite if you need to use a specific program for a class. There are also computer labs that offer drop-in tutoring.
Interactive Video Guide:
We have created a list of videos that may answer your tech questions. These videos are a resource for all your tech related needs. View the list of videos and enjoy! Or go to Free Technology Training for more technology help.
Join us we have free career and skill building workshops. Check them out on the Workshop page.