Career and Technical Education (CTE) Advising
Click here for a calendar of the Women's Program CTE Events and Workshops./sites/default/files/wp/fall2014calenderportrait_revision.pdf
Click here for the fall Women's Program CTE workshop registration sheet./sites/default/files/wp/fall2014workshopsregistrationsheet_revision.pdf
What is Career and Technical Education?
Lane offers more than 40 one- and two-year educational programs (degrees or certificates) that provide training to enter a specific line of work. Some examples are: Nursing, Accounting, Graphic Design, Water Conservation Technology and Computer Game Development. We encourage you to consider these programs because they often lead to well-paid work.
What assistance does the Women's Program CTE Advisor provide?
- Information on high-wage, high demand jobs and the training programs that would prepare you for those fields
- Assistance in figuring out what salary you will need to support your family
- Help finding people for "informational interviews"
- Tours of work sites in the community and training facilities at Lane
- Assistance in getting the skills needed to be successful in the classroom. For example, tutoring or extra practice time on a specific skill.
- Hands-on experience in some areas. For example, time to try a jackhammer, a sheet metal bender, or a web design program.
Who is the CTE Advisor?
Lisa Bohannan, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lisa's office is located in the Women's Center and this is where your scheduled appointments will take place.
Who is eligible to get CTE advising?
Lisa can assist any current, former or potential Women in Transition student who is considering a CTE program or who is taking classes in a CTE program. She also helps students get information about union training programs – plumbing, electrical, etc.
How do I make an appointment with Lisa Bohannan to get CTE advising?
Please arrange for childcare during your appointments.
Other Resources for Information on Careers
There are many online resources where you can learn about prospective jobs that are open for applications. View this list of recommended websites for job search activities.