Calendar of Events
Call the Women's Center at (541) 463-5353 for the dates and times of exciting activities year round, including:
Women in Transition (WIT) Orientation Sessions:
This is a free information session to help women get started at Lane and attendance is required to enroll in the Women in Transition program. It covers a variety of topics including the Women in Transition classes, services offered at Lane and through the Women's Center, financial aid requirements, and what to expect when beginning college. Here is the flyer for the March and April dates and times for the Orientations - call the front desk at the Women's Center to learn more and to sign-up.
WINTER TERM Career and Technical Education Workshops:
Here is the CTE Calendar of Workshops and Events. Be sure to check with the Womens Center for any last minute room changes due to construction on campus this term. This event is open to all Lane students.
The CTE Calendar of Workshops and Events are designed to provide general guidance and instruction on what it takes to succeed in technical education and in technical careers. Several are focused on familiarizing participants with the computer and how it can be used as a powerful and resourceful tool. Registration is required and you must fill out and turn in a workshop registration form. Registration forms are available at the Women's Center or you can view and print one here. The locations of the workshops are subject to change so please check for updates or contact the front desk to confirm where it will take place. Some of the Winter Term Workshops will be held at the LCC Downtown Center. Here is a parking map for these workshops. Be sure to check with the Womens Center for any last minute room changes due to construction on campus this term.
Winter 2015 Term Workshops:
The Women's Program Workshops are a safe learning environment for women to be introduced to basic tools that can broaden their career exploration into high wage high demand occupations and to develop skills that will enhance their educational success.
1. Intro to Basic Computer and Internet Skills - Don't know what to do after you turn on the computer? Pat teaches the basic skills of how computers work and how to create documents and use the Internet.
2. Intro to Informational Interviews - Now that you know what your interest are, it's time to find out more from someone that is already working in the field. Lisa Bohannan will help you figure out who to interview, how to prepare and what to expect.
3. Exploring Careers Online - Have fun with Lisa as she guides you through various career searches available on the Internet. This three-hour workshop helps you search for high pay/ high demand careers, find your own specific interests and expand your career knowledge.
4. Intro to Web Design - Ever wondered what it is like to create your own web page? Using free software, Pat guides you step-by-step in building a web page.
5. Intro to Animated FUN - We introduce and let you play and explore easy tools for computer coding and animation. In addition you will learn about occupations that use the kinds of transferable skills that are exploring in this workshop. You will have a chance to practice and play with computer coding and you will make your own short animated cartoon.