Community Wellness and Wellness Sites
Links to Wellness Sites
- Balanced, Healthy Eating for better Nutrition - USDA's latest recommendations for nutrition.
- Become an EX - A free program teaching individuals how to quit smoking for good.
- DrugAlert.org - Stay informed about prescription drugs and the side effects which may occur.
- Health Matters Proven Stress Reducers
- Hidden Costs of Soda - Environmental, economic, and health impacts.
- Mayo Clinic - A plethora of medical information on diseases, conditions, studies, exercises, etc.
- Positivity - Tools for improving happiness and success in your life.
- Professional's Guide to Time Management - Reducing your stress.
- Quitting Tobacco Tips - Strategies for smoking cessation.
- Radiant Recovery - Battling sugar addiction.
- Religious Organizations within 100 miles from Eugene, OR - A resource for spiritual needs.
- Stress Management at the Workplace - Several great resources.
- Weight-loss Tools - Food tracker, recipe sharing, activity ideas and more.
Links to Community Wellness Events, Resources & Organizations
- Eclectic Edge Racing - Community walks and run events.
- Eugene Parks & Recreation - Information on area parks, rec activities, and sports leagues.
- LCHAY - Non-profit organization for preventing childhood obesity through advocacy and action.
- Lane County Farmers' Market - A vibrant gathering place to shop for locally grown produce and products.
- McKenzie-Willamette - Health information and classes offered by McKenzie-Willamette Hospital.
- Obsidians Eugene - Non-profit outdoor club involved in hiking, backpacking, mountain climbing, cross country skiing and other outdoor activities.
- Oregon Heart & Vascular Institute - A variety of medical information, services, etc.
- Sprout! Year-Round Indoor Market - A year-round market for farmers and local food entrepreneurs to sell produce and goods.
- Willamalane Parks & Recreation - Springfield recreation center and recreational opportunities.
- Walk With Me - Information on classes, training and races for walkers. Led by Tyler Burgess.