Contacting VA Regional Office in Muskogee, OK, re: Education Benefits
Information that you will need to give when you call:
- Your VA file number or Social Security number
- Name of veteran if other than yourself
Toll-free number to the VA Regional Office in Muskogee, OK:
- Press 0 – to talk to a VA Representative
- Press 1 – for information on your MGIB Active Duty or Selective Reserve/ARNG Benefits
- Press 1 – for the amount of your last payment and the date it was processed
- Press 3 – for the date of your last certification of enrollment
- Press 4 – for general information on your last education award
- Press 2 – for general information on other education benefits
- Press 3 – to find out how to apply for benefits or where to send your application
It is important that you make a note of the name of the person you speak with at the VA Regional Office for future reference or follow-up.
Be sure to state the problem as clearly and as briefly as possible, giving all pertinent dates and amounts involved. At your request, an Ainquiry@ to resolve your problem or answer your question can be done by the Regional Office. They will then contact you directly with an answer in about 7-10 working days.
If you are arranging for Direct Deposit of your GI Bill check you will need to call 1 (877) 838-2778 and provide the VA with:
- The name of your Financial Institution
- Your bank's 9- digit Routing Number
- Your Account Number
"Ask a Question" - www.gibill.va.gov - secure website to ask VA a question. You need to have an email address.