Mathematics Virtual Tutor
There are many math resource tutorials on the Internet. The question is how to find a tutorial that fits your need. TRIO STEM staff have worked hard to find the videos appropriate to the topics addressed in your math texts. Below is a compilation of online math tutorial videos that correspond to the topics in the math texts at Lane. Click on your math class to go to the outline for your math textbook. You will find links to online tutorials.
MATH 10 - Online tutorials corresponding to the Math 10 Review Sheet for placement testing.
MATH 60 - Robert Blitzer Algebra for college students, LCC custom edition
MATH 65 - Robert Blitzer Algebra for college students, LCC custom edition
MATH95 - Robert Blitzer Algebra for college students, LCC custom edition
MATH111 - PreCalculus Sullivan (Enhanced with Graphing utilities);5 Edition
MATH112 - Precalculus Sullivan (Enhanced with Graphing utilities);5th Edition
MATH251 - Calculus Hughes-Hallett 5th edition
MATH 253 - Calculus Early Transcendentals Briggs/Cochran (Custom Edition for LCC)
Didn't find the tutorial you were looking for? Try some of our favorite online tutorial sites:
Taking an online class, check out this video link:
Graphing Calculator Tutorial Videos
Below is a list of videos that will help you discover how to utilize your graphing calculator.
Entering a Graph:
Intersect of Two Graphs:
Luna's Scholarship Application Tips
- In two short presentations, Luna provides tips to get you started on your scholarship application. Luna provides ideas to help you begin your writing. After you've done your essays, come into the TRiO STEM office for help with editing.
- Start early. The early-bird deadline for OSAC is February 16; the final deadline for OSAC is March 1; the Lane Foundation's deadline still needs to be announced but will most likely be around that time.
Part 1 - Getting started:
Part 2 - Tips for starting your essays and doing your activity list:
- Download a pdf of the 2013-2014 Scholarship Application Packet (it's a large file, it may take a couple seconds to load)
- Lane Foundation Scholarship Information
- Oregon Student Access Commission (OSAC)
- Learn how scholarships affect your financial aid
Video: Sending Yourself a Reminder Email about Campus Deadlines - Lane Events Calendar has a tool that can send you an email to remind you about campus deadlines such as "last day to drop" or "first day of registration." Learn how to set up this function in this step-by-step video tutorial.
Become a Successful Student
Being an effective student requires developing successful study strategies. Two good resources are:
- Video: Reading Stratagies - TRiO Stem presentation on successful textbook reading and note-taking.
- Study Tips - Dartmouth University provides easy to follow student success strategies.
- More Study Tips - SamfordU 5 video playlist on effective studying (for students and tutors)
- Time Management Tips - Managing your time well is also key to student success.