Lane Dental Hygiene Testing Information for Fall 2015
All applicants must take the HOBET Test. This is a timed test. You may take the test only once during this application period.
Steps to take the test
1. Before you sign up for the test,apply online to Lane Community College to become a Lane student. After completing your online admissions, you will receive an email with your Lane ID number (L#). Once you have received your L#, you will be able to register online for the test.
2. Preparing for the tests: Only if you plan to test this year you can purchase a study guide at the Titan store located on main campus for $55.75 or go to ATITesting.com and create at account in the system. This will allow you to do two things. Do the regisration before coming in to take your test at Lane and also purchase the study guide online if you wish. On the main page to the right you will see create an account underneath the user and password boxes. Add LANE CC AH as the institution where you will be testing. After you have your account created you can go to products to purchase study guide materials.
3. Pay the testing fee of $45. You will pay your test fee early online by going through the registration process or you can do it at the same computer where you are testing. You will need to pay online with a credit card, debit card or if you do not want to use your own credit card, please pick up a pre-paid card to pay for the test. The test fee is non-refundable. Schedule early as there are only 4 testing sessions this academic year.
4. Schedule testing appointment.: Use the https://esars.lanecc.edu/esars/testing/eSARS.asp to make your appointment and make it early, but only after you have completed your admissions and received your L#. No later testing options will be available. The Testing Department is located in Building 1, Room 116 at Lane Community College Main Campus, 4000 East 40th Avenue, Eugene, Or.
Sessions:. Everyone in the room will be taking the test at the same time; there will be no other testing programs in the room; starting time will be enforced to eliminate people entering the room and disrupting the session. You will not be allowed to start the test if you arrive late. You must arrive 10 minutes early.
5. Bring Photo ID: A valid photo ID is required when you come in to test. Please bring it with you or you will not be able to test.
Available Testing Appointments
Friday, February 27, 2015 at 8:30 a.m.
Friday, March 6, 2015 at 8:30 a.m.
Friday, March 20, 2015 at 8:30 a.m.
Thursday, April 2, 2015 at 8:30 a.m.
There is a limited amount of seating per session.
- After testing, your scores will be entered into MyLane by the Testing Office staff. The Health Professions office will retrieve them from there.
Note: The HOBET test is an online test, however you are required to take your test at Lane Community College main campus only. You will not be able to use last year's scores and will need to test again for this year's application process. Lane Dental Hygiene HOBET testing requirements are located on the web in "Lane's Dental Program Application Information."
Basic information about the Health Occupations Basic Entrance Exam (HOBET):
- The HOBET Test is a computerized multiple-choice timed exam covering 4 sections. You will have 3 hours and 29 minutes to complete the exam--not counting instruction. Please plan to be here 4 hours. (Note: The English Language has been added this year.)
- Reading - 48 questions and 58 minutes. (Paragraph and Passage Comprehension and Informational Source Comprehension),
- Math - 34 problems and 51 minutes (Numbers and Operations, Algebraic Applications, Data Interpretation, Measurement)
- Science - 54 questions and 66 minutes. (Human Body Science, Life Science, Earth and Physical Science, Scientific Reasoning).
- English Language Usage – 34 questions and 34 minutes. (Grammar and word meanings in context, spelling and punctuation, structure)
If you have questions regarding the program application process you may e-mail: DHProgram@lanecc.edu.