Lane Dental Hygiene Testing Information for 2013-14
All applicants must take the HOBET Test. This is a timed test. You may take the test only once during this application period.
- Before you sign up for the test, apply online to Lane Community College to become a Lane student. After completing your online admissions, you will receive an email with your Lane ID number (L#). Once you have received your L#, you will be able to register online for the test.
- The testing session costs $35. You will pay your test fee at the computer right before you start the test. You can pay online with a credit card, debit card or if you do not want to use your own credit card, please pick up a pre-paid card to pay for the test. The test fee is non-refundable. Schedule early as there are only 5 testing sessions this academic year.
- Photo ID: A valid photo ID is required. Please bring it with you or you will not be able to test.
- Testing is done by appointment only. The Testing Department is located in Building 1, Room 116 at Lane Community College Main Campus, 4000 East 40th Avenue, Eugene, Or.
Use the Appointment Scheduler to make your appointment, but only after you have completed your admissions and received your L#. No later testing options will be available.
- Sessions: Register early, as seating is extremely limited. YOU MUST REGISTER FOR THE GROUP SESSIONS IN ADVANCE. Register online for a group test session. Everyone in the room will be taking the test at the same time; there will be no other testing programs in the room; starting time will be enforced to eliminate people entering the room and disrupting the session. You will not be allowed to start the test if you arrive late. You must arrive 10 minutes early.
Available Testing Appointments
Thursday, February 27, 2014 at 8:30 a.m.
Friday, March 7, 2014 at 8:30 a.m.
Friday, March 21, 2014 at 8:30 a.m.
Thursday, April 3, 2014 at 8:30 a.m.
Monday, April 7, 2014 at 8:30 a.m.
There is a limited amount of seating per session.
- After testing, your scores will be entered into MyLane by the Testing Office staff. The Health Professions office will retrieve them from there.
Note: The HOBET test is an online test, however you are required to take your test at Lane Community College main campus only. You will not be able to use last year's scores and will need to test again for this year's application process. Lane Dental Hygiene HOBET testing requirements are located on the web in "Lane's Dental Program Application Information."
Preparing for the tests: (See sample questions attached) you may also purchase a Study Guide.
Basic information about the Health Occupations Basic Entrance Exam (HOBET):
- The HOBET Test is a computerized multiple-choice timed exam covering 4 sections. You will have 3 hours and 29 minutes to complete the exam--not counting instruction. Please plan to be here 4 hours. (Note: The English Language has been added this year.)
- Reading - 48 questions and 58 minutes. (Paragraph and Passage Comprehension and Informational Source Comprehension),
- Math - 34 problems and 51 minutes (Numbers and Operations, Algebraic Applications, Data Interpretation, Measurement)
- Science - 54 questions and 66 minutes. (Human Body Science, Life Science, Earth and Physical Science, Scientific Reasoning).
- English Language Usage – 34 questions and 34 minutes. (Grammar and word meanings in context, spelling and punctuation, structure)
If you have questions regarding the program application process you may e-mail: DHProgram@lanecc.edu.