EUGENE, Ore. – The Lane Peace Center's 7th annual peace symposium, "Awaken the Dreamer: Move to Action," will be held April 25-26 at the Longhouse on the Lane Community College Main Campus, 4000 E. 30th Ave., Eugene.
The symposium focuses on the destructiveness of the modern dream of ever increasing consumption as the measure of wellbeing. This dream, built on racial, ethnic and gender oppression, comes at the expense of the planet, its people and life as a whole. It is time for a new Ecozoic dream that creates socially just, environmentally sustainable, and spiritually fulfilling human presence on earth. The event is a series of keynotes and workshops that promote this theme.
- JOHN PERKINS, author of "Confessions of an Economic Hit Man" and founder of the Dream Change Foundation.
- JON SYMES, author of "Your Planet Needs You," and Outreach Director of the Pachamama Alliance's Awakening the Dreamer training.
- GOOD SHIELD AGUILAR, a Turtle Island Native of Oglala Lakota and Pasqua Yaqui heritage. His music and energy is devoted to speaking up for the Last Wild Herd of Buffalo left in Yellowstone, MT.
- KAITLIN SOPOCI-BELKNAP, Executive Director of Move to Amend, a broad coalition of organizations working together to pass a Constitutional amendment to end corporate personhood & demand real democracy.
- MONICA BEEMER, organizer for the Northwest Social Forum coming to Portland in September 26-28, 2014.
- AWAKENING THE DREAMER by the Pachamama Alliance. This training reveals the pathologies of modernism and awakens future game changers to the need for, and opportunity of, bringing forth a new future for everyone.
- BUILDING A DIVERSE SOCIAL MOVEMENT by Move to Amend.
- PEOPLE'S MOVEMENT ASSEMBLY This session is jointly facilitated by John Symes of the Pachamama Alliance, Kaitlin Sopoci-Belknap of Move to Amend, and Monica Beemer of the Northwest Social Forum.
The event is free, but seating is limited. Register to secure a seat. To register and find complete information go to: http://www.lanecc.edu/peacecenter/