This toolkit is designed to provide instructors with resources to embed information literacy instruction into their classes. Check out the navigation tabs above to find tutorials, handouts, assessment materials, guides and more.
Information literacy is a common campus goal. Students must be able to navigate the increasingly complex world of information to be successful in the job market, as informed citizens and as lifelong learners and critical thinkers. It is not enough for students to locate information, they must also be able to effectively interpret and use it.
- JBAC Outcomes for AAOT (appendix K) scroll to Information Literacy
- Information Literacy in LCC Writing Courses
- Oregon IL Proficiencies Puzzle "College Students who are ready to begin upper-level coursework"
- Library Information Literacy Mission Statement
- LCC core abilities
- ACRL Information Literacy Competency Standards
Recommendations for the toolkit? Contact Jen Klaudinyi firstname.lastname@example.org