- Making reporting easier, faster and more accurate: Saving Budget Queries. Using the ODS to get strategic reports
An introduction to ODS reports that are customized to your specs. Refresher on Lane & accounting terms.
- Planning to Avoid NSF. Refresher on roll-up Accounts, Control-Orgs
Why is a FOAP NSF when it looks like you have money? Running the NSF FOAP Macro and interpreting the data. Using ExpressLane Budget Availability to find incomplete documents and fixing some of the PO pitfalls that cause them. Creating temporary and permanent budget transfers.
- Purchase Order Refresher/Change Order Part 1
Best practices, pitfalls and tips & tricks. Increasing or decreasing the amount of a PO on a Change Order.
- PO and Change Order, Part 2
Learn to use the copy function to save time, and remove the balance of a PO using FPAEOCD. Use Change Orders to change product information, increase the amount of a PO, and change or add to the accounting (FOAP) distribution.
- FY09 Budget Restructure
- Monitoring Your Payroll
Using the Position Budget and Leave Usage Reports and NHIDIST to track spending vs. budget. Lane approved processes for correcting budget for contracted and part-time positions.
You may request assistance in determining how to reconstruct your department's budget, and receive as much or as little help as is needed. Budget administrators have the option of performing a temporary budget transfer in ExpressLane and/or you may submit a permanent budget transfer request to the Budget Transfer Mailbox. A permanent budget transfer will carry forward year after year, whereas temporary transfers are reversed when the fiscal year is closed.
Generally, tailoring a budget will become a highly interactive process within the department and with the consultant. To begin:
- Download the Budget Transfer Template
- Complete and submit to the Budget Transfer Mailbox Contact Rose Ellis if you have questions.
College Finance offers consulting services to assist Lane staff with accounting and budget questions.
FOAP Hierarchy Reports:
Identity Theft: It's not new, but the level of knowledge we need to protect ourselves is certainly growing
- You have a right to free annual credit reports!
- FTC - Your Resource for Identity Theft
- Fight Identity Theft.com
- Identity Theft Resource Center
- What to do if you have been a victim
Download Excel Viewer: Open, view, and print Excel workbooks, even if you don't have Excel installed.
Note - if you download the latest version of Adobe Reader and a Google toolbar is also installed, the toolbar must be removed from your computer in order to perform most data downloads in the Banner/ExpressLane/ODS environments.