Grade Point Average for Honors
Honors students must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.25 and an honors GPA of 3.0 for all honors courses. Students who fall below these minimums must meet with the honors coordinator to develop a plan. Then the student has two terms to bring their GPA back up.
Grades Earned in Honors Classes
All honors classes and options must be taken for a letter grade. The minimum grade acceptable for honors classes is a C-. However, students must earn a B in WR 121 or WR 121_H in order to enroll in the Honors Invitation to Inquiry Seminar (HON 201_H). Likewise, students must earn a B in HON 201_H to enroll in the Honors Capstone Seminar (HON 202_H).
To successfully complete the Honors Program, students must:
- Attend an Honors Program orientation
- Pay the one-time non-refundable $100 program fee
- Complete four honors classes and/or options
- Complete two honors seminars (four credits each)
- Honors Invitation to Inquiry Seminar (HON 201_H)
- Honors Capstone Seminar (HON 202_H)
- Complete the experiential learning component
- Develop and maintain an ePortfolio
- Complete an Honors Program Exit Survey before you graduate or transfer
The program fee is assessed when the student enrolls in the Honors Invitation to Inquiry Seminar (HON 201_H). Financial aid can be used to cover the Honors Program fee. Financial assistance may be available to those with financial need. If you are interested in applying for financial assistance please contact email@example.com.