How to Apply
Any Lane Community College student can enroll in an honors course or request the honors option for courses designated as honors option classes. Admission into the Lane Honors Program, however, requires a formal application.
You must be ready to take or already have taken WR 121 or higher, and you must meet ONE of the following:
- College transcript with a minimum 3.25 GPA and at least 15 quarter credits or 12 semester credits in college-level (100-level or above) courses, or
- Two Lane honors classes with grade of B or higher, or
- High school transcript with minimum 3.25 GPA (within the last 5 years), or
- SAT score of 1800 or higher for combined reading, math and writing (within the last 5 years), or
- ACT score of 27 or higher (within the last 5 years), or
- Confidential letter of recommendation from a high school teacher or college instructor addressing how you are prepared to undertake honors coursework.
Applying to Honors
If you are a new student at Lane, complete the Steps to Enroll in Credit Classes at Lane. If you are a current student at Lane, skip to the next step.
Submit a completed Honors Program online application.
Tips for completing your application:
- Be prepared to upload proof of your eligibility in PDF format.
- Compose your essay using word processing software. It should be between 250-400 words. Remember to check your grammar and spelling.
- Choose one of the following essay topics:
1. Describe a project or experience that has influenced your interest in academics.
2. Describe a challenging situation in your life and how you overcame it.
3. Describe a creative project you have completed and what you learned from it
Applications for the Lane Honors Program are accepted on a rolling basis; however, to be admitted to the program for Fall term, please submit your application by midnight on Thursday, September 18, 2014.