Flu prevention tips
Lane County is seeing a significant increase in cases of influenza. Here are some tips from the CDC http://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/disease/index.htm for preventing the flu, and taking care of yourself if you do get sick:
- If you have flu symptoms – fever, muscle ache, headache, cough – limit your contact with others.
- If you haven't had a flu shot, get one. Check with your local pharmacy or Lane County Public Health
- Lane's Health Clinic does not have any remaining vaccinations.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze and put the tissue in the trash after use.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after you cough or sneeze. Alcohol-based hands cleaners are also effective.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Self-care tips are available on these "The Doctor Is In" Health Clinic pages: