Oregon Contraceptive Care (CCare) Eligibility
- What are CCare Eligibility requirements?
- What is the duration of Eligibility?
- When can eligibility screening be done for CCare
- the Enrollment Form is required.
- go to CCare index
(Note: New CCare eligibility requirements became effective May 3, 2010.)
You will be eligible for this program if:
- You are eligible to use the Lane Community College Health Center. A mandatory Health Fee will be assessed for each term you are registered or a bridge fee will be assessed if you had been enrolled in the prior term and not currently enrolled.
- You must show proof of citizenship and identity. How to Obtain Proof of Citizenship and Identity Documents or FAQs about ordering Vital Records.
- You are a U.S. Citizen or a lawful Permanent Resident who has resided in the US for a minimum of 5 years on the date services were provided. Individuals on temporary work permits or students visas DO NOT qualify.
- You are a Resident of the State of Oregon. You qualify if you currently have an Oregon address, even though part of the time you reside elsewhere. EXAMPLE: As a college student, you live or work outside of Oregon during school breaks.
- You have a Social Security Number.
- Your gross income is less than 185% of Federal Poverty guidelines.
- You are a Woman of 56 Years of Age and younger.
- You are a Man - No age restriction.
Note: You are NOT eligible for this program if:
- You have coverage on the Oregon Health Plan
- You have insurance that covers contraceptive management
- You were sterilized more than 6 months ago
- You cannot show proof of citizenship or identity
Eligibility, once determined, will remain effective for one year (12 months) from date of initial determination. Starting 5/21/2007 onwards, one-time eligibility is offered to clients who meet all CCare requirements except proof of citizenship or identity and can only be used once per client. Clients who are enrolled under this one-time exception are asked to return to the clinic with full documentation as soon as possible.
A fluctuation or increase in income over guideline requirements during the 12 month period will not cancel eligibility.
Eligibility screening for the CCare program must be done prior to making an appointment. You must complete and sign the CCare Enrollment Form and provide appropriate documents to the LCC Health Clinic front desk anytime during operating hours. Eligibility will be verified and you will be notified within a few days of this determination. You can then make an CCare appointment to be seen. Eligibility is valid for one (1) year.