Fall 2014 - Harvest Dinner & Auction
Benefitting Students and Programs at
Lane Community College
October 29, 2014
Volunteer Job Descriptions
- Please note that we will have food and beverages available to all volunteers at the Harvest Dinner and Auction event. There will also be a secure room to leave your belongings in while you are working, but we politely request that you leave valuables at home. Please check-in 15-30 minutes before your scheduled shift time to be assigned and trained for specific tasks for the evening.
Tuesday October 22nd and Wednesday October 23rd Between 9:00am-3:00pm
Event Prep Check in at The Foundation Office, Bldg. 19, Room 270
- Volunteers are needed to help with a variety of event prep tasks. The primary task for these volunteers is to put merchandise into gift bags. Some donations will need assembly, drawing and other decorative boxes need recovering, possibly helping with bidder packets, transporting some items between rooms, and other duties as assigned. Requirements: Must be able to sit or stand while using a repetitive motion, some tasks may require lifting of 25-40 pounds, and you must not have any existing or prior injuries that could be exacerbated by doing this work. This is a great task for someone who wants to donate a small amount of time in a fun and relatively easy environment.
Tuesday October 28th Between 9:00am-5:00pm
Event Prep and Set-up-Check in at The Foundation Office, Bldg. 19, Room 270
- Volunteers are needed to help with any final packaging and to move items to locations in the event center. Some tasks may require lifting of 25-40 pounds, and you must not have any existing or prior injuries that could be exacerbated by doing this work. This is a great task for someone who wants to donate at least an hour of time in a fun and relatively quick-moving and creative environment.
Day of EVENT TASKS
Wednesday October 29th Varied Shifts Between 9:00am-10:30pm
Decorating Crew (9:00am-noon) Check in at the CML Lobby
- Four volunteers are needed to assist in decorating tasks. Must be able to lift or push 25 pounds easily and not have any injuries that would be affected by reaching, lifting, bending, or other active motions. This is a fun and creative way to volunteer for at least an hour or more of time.
Volunteer Room Monitor (4:00-7:00pm or 7:00-10:00pm) Check in at Building 19 Room 231J
- One volunteer is needed during each shift to provide security for the volunteer room before, during, and after the event. This is a quiet position that will primarily be sitting. Please feel free to bring study or media materials.
Outside Registration (4:00pm-7:00pm) Check in at Building 19 Room 231J
- 15 volunteers are needed to fill various registration roles including: bag pulling, payment processing, check-in, and greeters. This will be a fast-paced position that would be best suited for detail oriented, efficient, and cutomer service oriented people who don't mind working in a heated tent.
Coat Check (4:30pm-7:30pm or 7:30pm-10:30pm) Check in at Building 19 Room 231J
- One volnteer is needed per shift to monitor the coat check alcove. Please feel free to bring study or media materials to peruse when guests are in the dining room.
Silent Auction Table Monitors (4:30pm-7:00pm) Check in at Building 19 Room 231J
- Two volunteers are needed to monitor and interact with guests (in each room) as they peruse the silent auction packages available. We are looking for extremely personable volunteers who enjoy interacting with the public and are willing to engage guests about the products/services available to bid on.
Silent Auction Organization/Staging (6:30-10:00pm) Check in at Building 19 Room 231J
- Six volunteers are needed to move purchased auction packages to the staging room and assist with guest pick-up. This position may include carrying out (small) items to guest vehicles.
Diamond Drawing Team (4:30pm-8:00pm) Check in at Building 19 Room 231J
- Two volunteers work together to roam the crowd. One person displays a beautiful piece of donated jewelry while the other is in charge of selling and recording raffle tickets. The volunteers should be very personable and comfortable interacting with guests.
Wine Wall (4:30pm-7:30pm) Check in at Building 19 Room 231J
- Two upbeat and very personable volunteers are needed to host the wine wall. Volunteers will give directions to guests, keep record of purchases, and tag guest items for pickup. Must be comfortable with standing and a quick-paced environment with a lot of guest interaction.
Oral Auction Helpers (6:30pm-9:30pm) Check in at Building 19 Room 231J
- Two volunteers will assist the auctioneer and team with taking items to winning bidders or displaying items to tables. This position would be great for someone who doesn't mind light interaction with guests, but must be comfortable standing upfront near the stage.
Errand Runners/Float Crew (5:00pm-10:00pm) Check in at Building 19 Room 231J
- Two volunteers are needed to run errands and help where needed. This position will have little guest interaction and tasks will be varied.
Tear Down Crew (9:00pm-11:00pm) Check in at Building 19 Room 231J
- Two volunteers are needed to help tear down signage and put items in storage. This position will have little or no guest interaction and is more focused on labor related duties.
Thank you for giving the gift of your time to help make the Harvest Dinner a success!