Award Information - Additional Sources of Assistance
A variety of other sources exist that provide financial assistance to students, including the following:
Scholarship and private donor funds:
You must research and apply for these funds separately. Scholarships and private donor funds have their own application deadlines. Be aware of these when applying. Below are ideas on how to research these funds:
- Contact Lane's Career and Employment Services for information regarding Lane Community College Foundation Scholarships, private scholarships, grants, and loans.
- Contact public libraries for publications listing private donor resources for education.
- Contact Lane's academic departments for additional information regarding scholarships for a particular career field or major.
- Contact the Office of Student Access and Completion (OSAC) at (541) 687-7400 or 1 (800) 452-8807 or visit their web page at www.osac.state.or.us for information regarding their scholarship programs.
- Visit www.fastweb.com
- Visit www.scholarships.com
- The internet is a great tool-use it. Use a search engine, such as Google, to look for these funds.
- Bureau of Indian Affairs. Contact the Lane Community College Native American Student Association Office for information.
- Veterans Educational Benefits. Contact the local Veterans' Administration Office or Lane's Veterans' Office for information.
- Vocational Rehabilitation Benefits. Contact the local Vocational Rehabilitation Office for information.
- Alternative Loans. Alternative loans are available at various financial institutions. The terms and conditions of these loans vary at each institution and should be researched carefully. The amount of alternative loans is usually your Student Budget minus the amount of aid received. Contact Enrollment Services for a lender list or search the internet for available alternative loans.
- Chafee Education and Training Scholarship. Current or former foster care youth may be eligible for this scholarship administered by OSAC. For more information, visit www.osac.state.or.us