Lane Fitness Education Center
You may view the full syllabus below:
Please check our policy board next to the front desk for a complete list of the current FEC policies!
Summary of Current Polices
FITNESS EDUCATION CENTER ENVIRONMENT:
Dress Code - All students must be appropriately dressed for PE activity.
Proper PE attire includes:
- A regular length t-shirt with short or long sleeves that covers the waist band of your shorts/pants during activity. No profanity or inappropriate material is allowed on clothing.
- Athletic bottoms including shorts (must cover your seat during activity), fitness pants, sweats, or yoga pants.
- Athletic shoes that cover the whole foot, worn with socks.
- Examples of clothing items that are NOT allowed: tank tops, ripped shirts, half shirts, cutoffs, jeans, khakis, belts, sandals, slippers, street shoes, work boots, Crocs, Vibram or other "barefoot" shoes, etc. Please see an instructor if you need clarification.
- PE clothing is also available to be checked out by students and is issued in the locker room exchange area.
- Any student noted without proper attire will be asked to change clothes (or check out LCC attire available from the locker room), or they will not be allowed to complete a workout that day.
No cell phone use (talking or texting) allowed while checked into the Fitness Center for a workout. If you are caught using your cell phone, you will be required to leave your phone with an instructor behind the desk.
Classroom Cleanliness and Upkeep
- In order to keep our equipment clean and functional, please wipe down the equipment after each use. This increases the life of the equipment pads by keeping perspiration off of the upholstery and helps prevent the spread of germs. Towels for personal use (sweat towels) are available for check out at the Exchange Window. Small cleaning towels are available near the exercise machines. Please let a staff person know of any equipment that needs attention.
- Keep all food and drinks (except water) outside of the Fitness Center. We encourage you to bring water bottles with lids that close securely so you can stay well hydrated with water during your workout.
- Please put away all equipment after use. If a piece of equipment is broken or showing signs of wear and tear, please notify an instructor. Equipment cannot be removed from the fitness center for any reason.
Thank you for thinking of others! Please be considerate of other students around you.
- Please keep your workout on cardio equipment to a 30-minute time limit per piece of equipment, so that more students will get a chance to use them. Once your 30 minutes is up on one piece, circulate to a new piece of equipment to finish your cardio time.
- Please do not sit or rest on any of the weight equipment in between exercise sets – even if it appears that no one is waiting. Sitting on the equipment while you are resting or talking is not only impolite, it also slows down the flow of movement in the circuit area and can damage the pads due to extended compression and exposure to accumulated perspiration.
- Please do not use colognes or perfumes prior to working out in the Fitness Center.
- Students are expected to be respectful of all individuals (students, instructors, staff, etc) at all times. Physical abuse, use of profanity, verbal abuse, threats, intimidation, harassment, coercion and/or other conduct which threatens or endangers the health or safety of any member of the college community will not be tolerated. A formal complaint will be filed against the student if any of the above occurs and the student will be asked to leave class immediately and will be required to meet with college officials.
- Code of Conduct: All Fitness Center students are expected to conduct themselves in a forthright and honest manner. In the event that students display disruptive behavior or are suspected of cheating, plagiarism, or otherwise misrepresenting their work, they will be subject to due process as outlined in the Lane Community College Student Code of Conduct Handbook. Students will be notified that their behavior is inappropriate and may also be asked to immediately leave the Fitness Center if they are in violation of the Student Code of Conduct.
- Students are expected to use the facilities and equipment properly, safely and for its intended purpose. Proper exercise form is expected. Improper operation of equipment, unsafe or inappropriate technique, throwing objects, wrestling, or rough activities are not allowed in the Fitness Center at any time. Students participating in any of these activities will be asked to leave immediately, will be required to meet with the Fitness Coordinator and Division Dean prior to returning to class and a formal complaint may be filed.
- If you are unsure how to use a piece of equipment, please read the posted directions or ask a Fitness Center staff member. Do not experiment with equipment! Serious injury can occur.
- If you feel chest pain, joint/muscle pain, nauseous, dizzy, or anything unusual, stop exercising immediately and notify a staff member.
- Remember to always work at your own level. Start out slow and progress as your body adapts.
- All Fitness Center users need to be at least 16 years old. Each registered Fitness Center student is allowed to bring a visitor to experience our facility, one time per term at no cost. Visitors will need to sign a courtesy visit waiver at the front counter. Guests must be at least 16 years of age and those who are age 16 or 17 will need parental or guardian signature.
- Children are not allowed in the Fitness Center at any time due to safety concerns. Students must make other arrangements for children during their entire Fitness Center workout. Children cannot be left unattended in the hallway or wait inside the Fitness Center.
- A $30.00 Fitness Education Program Fee is charged for the purchase and maintenance of exercise equipment, materials, staffing, fitness assessments, course orientation, and educational seminars. This is automatically refunded if the student drops the class by the end of the first week.
- The $15.00 PE fee provides resources to offer classes, help maintain and update equipment, maintain and improve instructional areas, furnish supplies and provide PE clothing, towels and lockers. If you drop your PE class within the first week of class, you must return any issued clothing to the Issue Window for a full $15.00 refund and avoid any additional charges.
Locker Room Exchange Area
The locker room and exchange area is open for students to exchange PE clothing, towels, and equipment. Please check at the exchange window for the current terms open hours.
- Lockers: Students currently enrolled in a credit PE or Dance class are eligible to sign-up for a locker for the term. PERSONAL LOCKS ARE NOT TO BE USED IN THE LOCKER ROOM.
- Clothing Service: Students currently enrolled in a credit PE or Dance class are eligible to use the clothing service.
- Clothing Exchange Service:
- Lane Community College issued clothing may be exchanged at the Issue Window.
- You must receive a clean set of clothing at the same time you exchange clothing.
- IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO MAKE SURE THAT A COMPLETE EXCHANGE HAS BEEN MADE EACH TIME.
- If you are no longer going to use a clothing item, please let the staff at the Issue Window know, so that the item can be removed from your account and you receive a receipt for your records.
- End-of-Term Locker Room Procedures:
- If you are not signed up to participate in a credit PE/Dance class for the following term, all issued clothing must be returned by Thursday of Finals Week.
- YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR ALL NON-RETURNED ITEMS.
- A $20.00 cleanout fee will be charged for lockers not emptied, and personal items will be held for one week before disposal.
- If you are signed up to participate in a credit PE/Dance class, by Wednesday of Finals Week, for the following term, you may keep your locker assignment through the break week(s) except for Spring term.
- ALL students must clean out their locker at the end of Spring Term.