Bond 2008 Project Overview
Many buildings on main campus are more than 40 years old and need new heating and cooling systems, plumbing, roofing, and other upgrades. Classrooms and labs need renovations to increase access and allow multiple uses, alleviate crowding during peak demand times, and provide appropriate instructional technology and equipment.
Lane Community College Bond Measure Project List Summary:
- Upgrade science labs for academic and career training classes, including nursing and emergency medical technicians.
- Improve building access to persons with disabilities.
- Replace 40-year-old leaking roofs, plumbing and electrical systems, air conditioning and heating.
- Bring buildings up to current fire and improve earthquake safety codes, to provide a safe environment for student learning.
- Renovate, upgrade, and repair classrooms to increase access and meet modern educational technology standards.
- Bring computer, Internet and digital classroom technology up to 21st century standards.
- Improve classrooms for growing enrollment in high-demand programs that prepare today's workforce with career-specific technology and equipment.
- Remodel and enhance existing classrooms to create a Career and Technical Education Center with larger classrooms to expand access to vocational training for adult students and for high school students who don't have access to such facilities in their high schools.
- Improve the library to create a one-stop student learning center that includes tutoring and computer technology services.
- Improve labs and classrooms for students in health career training programs such as therapeutic exercise and rehabilitation to train students and serve the local community.
- Improve existing career training and educational facilities, including the Downtown Center, which would feature, along with existing adult education programs, an energy efficient design which would house the energy management and renewable energy degree programs, as well as provide business resources.
- Florence Center science lab and exterior renovation.
- Improve energy efficiency throughout the college, including a recycling center.
For additional information about the bond, contact Lane's Bond Project Managers, Bob Mention or Todd Smith. Contact information for Bob and Todd can be found on the Contacts page. If you have comments, questions or feedback concerning Lane's Bond, please email email@example.com.