Senior Credit Tuition Waiver Option
If you are an Oregon resident who is 65 or older, you are eligible to receive a Senior Credit Tuition Waiver at Lane Community College.
Information and eligibility conditions:
- Students 65 years and older taking 8 or fewer credits for a grading mode of audit.
- All credit admission, placement tests and prerequisites will apply to senior students.
- Waiver applies to in-state tuition only. Senior students will be required to pay all fees assessed for the class.
- Registration cannot take place until the Sunday before the first day of each term and is restricted to credit classes.
- Senior students must register by using myLane.
Follow these steps to be able to utilize this tuition waiver.
Steps to Admission:
- If you have not yet been admitted as a credit student to Lane, apply for admission
- Follow the steps to apply for credit admission for the term you wish to receive the tuition credit waiver. You will receive two emails, an immediate one acknowledging you have finished the online admissions process and a second to confirm your admission and to provide you with an "L" student identification number.
Steps to Registration:
- This option is restricted to credit classes.
- Once you have your "L" number you may register for up to 8 credits any time after the Sunday before the first day of each term.
- To register proceed to log into myLane with your "L" Student Identification Number and your self-selected PIN. Click on the "myEnrollment" tab and Add/Drop classes to add the class you wish to take.
- Registration in credit classes at Lane can only be done by the student and not staff. Staff may assist you in the lobby of Building #1 on the main campus during business hours.
- You will need to choose a grade option of "Audit" for each class you wish to receive the tuition waiver.
- After you have registered, click on the "myFinances" tab to see what your bill is for the term. If you wish to drop the class, you must do so in myLane prior to the refund deadline of the Sunday after the first week by 11:59 a.m. Carefully review your bill to see what fees you will be responsible for beyond the tuition charged. Fees may include the following: Transportation fees, technology fees and any addition class fees.
Request the Waiver:
- To receive your tuition waiver on the credit class, send an e-mail to Bursar@lanecc.edu with the title of "Senior Tuition Credit Waiver" each time you register for a class. Registration done prior to the Sunday before the first day of the term will not be eligible for the tuition waiver.
- To pay for any additional fees associated with your class, log into myLane and click the "myFinances" tab. Select "make an online payment", to pay by VISA, MasterCard, checking or savings account. You can also mail your payment to LCC Accounts Receivable, see Tuition, Fees and Payments for mailing address.
- Payments are due on the 15th of each month by 11:59 pm. Any unpaid balance will be subject to a 2% late fee.
- Lane does not mail billing statements to credit students unless you specifically request this. To receive a mailed paper statement, log into myLane and click on the "myFinances" tab. Go to the "Billing Statement Information" link in the Account Information box on the left-hand column. Follow the steps to ask that a paper billing statement be mailed to you.
Where do I go if I need help with applying, registering or viewing my bill?
- Here are your options for assistance.
- Lane offers 24-hour assistance for established questions and answers through our AskLane service, listed at the top of Lane's home page. Simply type in the question you have, such as "How do I apply?" and follow the instructions provided.
- Call Enrollment and Student Financial Services at (541) 463-3100.
- Come to the lobby of Building #1, Student Services during business hours