Lane Community College Refund Policy:
Petitions for refunds are only considered for circumstances clearly beyond a student's control. It is your responsibility to understand the refund policy. Please refer to Enrollment Services refund information for additional information.
This committee may grant a refund for either 50 percent or 100 percent of the tuition, technology and student activity fees. The transportation fee is non-refundable. Classes canceled by Lane Community College are 100 percent refundable. The decision will be e-mailed to you within two weeks; you can check your account summary in myLane. If it has been approved, you will see a reduction in your tuition and fees applied to your account. Accounts with less than a zero balance will receive a check; checks are mailed weekly.
The following are some examples of why a petition may be approved. Written documentation is required.
- Personal illness or injury
- Illness or injury of a family member
- Death of a family member
- Documented Lane error
- Disability reasons
The following are some examples that a request for refund will be denied:
- Failure to understand the refund deadline
- Failing or not doing well in a class
- Change in work schedule
- Transportation issues
- Failing to drop a class in myLane before requesting refund
All petitions must be received at Enrollment Services by the end of the eighth week of the term. For students who cannot attend classes after the eighth week of the term, please check the College policy for grade options.
Contact the following departments for petitions about Community Education classes:
- Small Business Development Center, 101 W. 10th Ave., Suite 304, Eugene, OR 97401
- Continuing Education, 101 W. 10th Ave., Suite 119, Eugene, OR 97401
- Workforce Development, 4000 East 30th Ave., Bldg. 19, Rm. 265, Eugene OR 97405-0640
Please Note: Dissatisfaction with a class or instructor goes through the student complaint process. Information on this process is through the College Online Procedures pages: