Graduation Information and Application
What is Graduation?
Graduation is the certifying of degrees and certificates.
What is Commencement?
Commencement is the annual ceremony Lane has for the graduates it certifies throughout the year. The commencement ceremony is usually held in June. Commencement details are available on the Student Life and Leadership site.
Your name will appear in the Commencement Program if you were awarded your degrees and/or certificates during Summer 2014, Fall 2014, Winter 2015, or have been cleared to graduate Spring 2015. Submit your degree application for Spring 2015 graduation by May 22nd.
If you are completing your degrees and/or certificates after Spring 2015 you may participate in the 2015 commencement ceremony. However, your name will appear in the 2015-16 Commencement Program. Please do not fill out the degree application.
Apply for graduation in myLane, for the term you have registered for all courses required to complete your degree and/or certificate.
After logging into your myLane account, choose the myEnrollment tab, then in Student Status choose Graduation – Apply Here. Complete all fields on the Graduation Application, review the information, and then Submit.
When To Apply:
Summer 2014 graduation – Closed
Fall 2014 graduation – Closed
Winter 2015 graduation – January 5th - March 13th 2015
Spring 2015 graduation – March 30th - May 22nd 2015
If your graduation was prior to Summer 2014 send a request to: DegreeApplications@lanecc.edu
Degree Audit, posting your degree to your transcript, takes 15 – 20 business days once grades have been posted.
- Fulfilled all admissions requirements prior to the Graduation Application Deadline (i.e. submitted all official transcripts: prior institutions, CLEP scores, Advanced Placement, military, etc.).
- Completed or be registered for all coursework required for your degree and/or certificate. Review your Progress Report (Degree Audit) online through your myLane account and/or meet with an Advising Team to verify that you have met or will meet your degree requirements.
- Verified that the address in your myLane account is current and that your Program of Study and catalog year are accurate. If necessary, update your Program of Study and/or catalog year information BEFORE you apply for graduation.
- Diplomas are ordered on the first Friday of each month after your degree and/or certificate has been posted.
- It takes approximately 8-10 weeks to receive them once they have been ordered.
- Diplomas are automatically mailed to the address on file in myLane, so please make sure this address is correct.
- There is a $10 fee for each additional diploma (use the Application for Duplicate/Additional Diplomas form on the ESFS forms page)